Filter by distance to find jobs where you want

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
4 112 3,872

Looking for more work? The Jobs tab is where you can find customers who’ve already reached out to other pros.

We show you opportunities up to 150 miles away to give you as many chances as possible to be hired. But pros wanted more control over the distance of jobs in the Jobs tab.

We heard you: now you can filter the Jobs tab by distance.

jobs-tab-geo-filter.png

Thanks to your feedback, we learned that showing jobs up to 150 miles away in the Jobs tab made it difficult for some pros to sort through and find the right customers.

To keep seeing jobs up to 150 miles out, you can continue using that filter when you browse your Jobs tab. But now you can also narrow your view down to customers within five miles, or somewhere in between.

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Jobs tab.
  2. Click the drop-down menu that shows “Within 150 miles.”
  3. Select the distance filter you want.
  4. Watch the list update with nearby jobs.

Note: If you use the Thumbtack for Professionals app, make sure you download the latest version for access to the new Jobs tab filter.

Remember: Jobs tab opportunities aren’t as valuable as the leads in your inbox. That’s because those leads come from customers who’ve picked you first from a list of pros in their search results. Learn more about using the Jobs tab in Thumbtack Help.

And let us know how you’re using the new Jobs tab filter in the comments below.

112 responses
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Howardlbca were you able to contact our support team yet and talk about your issue over the phone? 

Active Community Member

No.  I am tired of complaining about this problem.  You and your team need to research it and solve it.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Howardlbca we definitely want to get things resolved, however, need a little more info. You mentioned you'd be willing to do a phone call. Our customer support team is great and willing to help get it resolved over the phone. If you'd prefer to continue to do it here, that's fine too. Let me know what would work best for you. 

Active Community Member

Here’s one from my phone:

8EA1D073-23C9-4BC6-AD8D-0CC332E55E83.jpeg

Active Community Member

Another from my phone.  Radius is set to 5 miles on my phone and iPad.

B77219BA-F1B3-4D45-9474-C8922A54F37D.jpeg

Active Community Member

Send me questions and I will send you my answers.  

Active Community Member

Another from my phone today.  Are your software engineers on their lunch break?

2EB90D34-5B97-4160-A091-F1279FA50192.jpeg

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Howardlbca I just sent you a private message. Please respond to that when you get a chance. 

Community Newcomer
when I change the distance to 5 or 25 (or any) all data disappears, until I go to another page like inbox. This happens for all filters for me and I do it apply, it seems all my services are I am set up for become unchecked and even if I hit apply they dont stick, actually none of the filters stick when I hit apply has been happen on mobile apps for android for weeks now. Also I noticed that the mobile app seems to be using my location of my mobile and not my service locations I have defined.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@winterparkhandy Let's have you start by going through all of these troubleshooting steps. If after that you're still experiencing these issues, please give our customer support team a call at 800-948-2034.

Community Newcomer

Hello!

I wanted to know if it is possible to filter jobs further than 150 miles, as an illustrator I often work remotely and with clients all over the country. So would like to have more opportunities in that regard.

Thank you

Meghan

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Meghan it is possible, you just need to make sure that you have it set in your profile that you work remotely (which it looks like you do!)