Best Answer

Client information

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello, I'm rather new to Thumbtack and was surprised at the amount of information I needed to give to the site to get started. I'm not saying it's a bad thing having to do a background check. I just wish they would screen the customers better or give the pros that are hired the client's information like email and phone number. I keep getting hired then the client gets cold feet and doesn't respond to my messages. So I am spending money on nothing. Is there a way to get that information through Thumbtack or am I at the mercy of the cold footed client?

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Client information

Community Expert
Best Answer

@1trams thanks for letting us know about your experience so far with customers. I hear how frustrating it can be when a customer reaches out and then you don't hear back. We don’t require phone numbers because a lot of customers are reluctant to provide them. Customers don’t want to be bombarded with calls, and when we’ve required phone numbers in the past we’ve lost a lot of potential customers. We want to connect you with as many customers as possible, and the best way to do that is to make the customer experience easy and stress-free. That means allowing customers to share their phone numbers when they’re ready, on their own terms. Something that can help with this if you don't do it already is sending the customer a follow-up message or two to remind them that you're still available. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.

View solution in original post

replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Client information

Community Expert
Best Answer

@1trams thanks for letting us know about your experience so far with customers. I hear how frustrating it can be when a customer reaches out and then you don't hear back. We don’t require phone numbers because a lot of customers are reluctant to provide them. Customers don’t want to be bombarded with calls, and when we’ve required phone numbers in the past we’ve lost a lot of potential customers. We want to connect you with as many customers as possible, and the best way to do that is to make the customer experience easy and stress-free. That means allowing customers to share their phone numbers when they’re ready, on their own terms. Something that can help with this if you don't do it already is sending the customer a follow-up message or two to remind them that you're still available. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.

View solution in original post