Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
Psyrosonic
Level 4

Home advisor calling

I've been getting calls from Home Advisor quoting my bid templates word for word. So they're making requests for work. I'm paying for their request, then calling and wasting my time. On top of this Thumbtack won't acknowledge this is happening or do anything refund the isssue.
Occupations (1)
7 responses
GeorgeH
Level 6

Re: Home advisor calling

I've been getting a lot of thier calls also... I actually tried working with them last year , but it was  a nightmare...

@Psyrosonic wrote:
I've been getting calls from Home Advisor quoting my bid templates word for word. So they're making requests for work. I'm paying for their request, then calling and wasting my time. On top of this Thumbtack won't acknowledge this is happening or do anything refund the isssue.

0 Kudos
Serge
Level 6

How would u stop this though? I would think they would do this on Yelp and google as well
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Psyrosonic I want to check into that with you. Can you DM me with the names of customers you think this may be happening with? Any other info you have on this will be helpful as well.

Cybatrex
Level 4

@Psyrosonic wrote:

Home advisor is for the strong. If you are weak in busines they will sink you into the dirt. I love home advisor because most of my competition has no idea how to work a lead and convert it to a sale and I love it. I pay close to 45 per lead and profit close to 4000 each one all day long. like i said if you are a weak company with no backbone with proven sales, stay here in the sand, you can lose a good chunk of change and then I'll have to buy out your business. no one wants that.

I have 80 reviews all 5 star and my phone rings off the hook.

0 Kudos
Candi
Level 7

To they still do this

Kingsley
Level 4

A request came through and home advisor called me within minutes too. I suspected it was them who put the request in.
Highlighted
ReeseTee
Level 5

In the State of Illinois, telephone harrassment is a misdemeanor crime. I notified Home Advisor, by email (as a response) that if they did not stop calling, I was going to file a police report.  It seems to have done the job. It's been a few years since I got a call or an email from them.
I suspect I am on some sort of internal "do not call" list.

Before that, I got the call, one or two times, someone pretending to need work, and then it turns out the person I'm speaking with is a HA sales rep, and I will get the actual lead, after I sign up w/HA. 

BTW: I am a small job handyman. If I was doing Kitchen or basement remodels at $25,000 a pop. I would probably be signed up with HA.

Good luck, Reese T.  Oct 24, 2018

0 Kudos