Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
aaronjo
Level 4

Tracking Our off Platform Communications

Has anyon seen the new Term or Service where they say they can track all our communications off platform via our personal cell phones and email? How do they go about doing this?

States
14 responses
bonnie_bill
Level 6

Re: Tracking Our off Platform Communications

That is very interesting. I hope we get some clarification on this issue.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@aaronjo @bonnie_bill Thumbtack will not review the content of communications between members that occur off the platform without explicitly getting your permission. What we may do is check to see if communication happened to make sure we are tracking the leads we charge you for, but won't look into the details of it. For example, if a customer clicks on your phone number to give you a call, we'll be able to see a call happened and for how long, but not what was said on the call.

0 Kudos
bonnie_bill
Level 6

What about email?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@bonnie_bill the terms mention email in the list of communications. You can read and review them HERE if you'd like.

0 Kudos
bonnie_bill
Level 6

I guess there is one issue that I do not understand. If the Thumbtack purpose is strictly to provide leads and has already collected the fee associated with providing the lead why would they need to track any off platform communications? 

Zac
Level 4

This is disturbing...  "As part of this process, Thumbtack and its service provider will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message."

I have many past thumbtack clients that have become friends. We have discussed family and personal matters in detail via text. I think this is the most disturbing thing I have learned about Thumbtack.  I don't think anyone signed up for this type of privacy invasion.  

bonnie_bill
Level 6

My thoughts exactly.

aaronjo
Level 4

Kameron: The Terms of Service explicitly contradict what you are saying regarding, " Thumbtack will not review the content of communications." As another has pointed out, they DO say they can read content of text messages in real time. How do you repond to this point?

0 Kudos
formerpro
Level 2

TRACKING COMMUNICATIONS

In order to ensure appropriate charging of Fees and to enforce these Terms, Thumbtack may track the occurrence of communications between Customer Members and Service Members that occur off of the Platform via email, phone call, SMS text message, third-party websites, or any other means, whether initiated by a Customer Member or Service Member. In order to track the occurrence of such communications, Thumbtack may obscure Service Member contact information in a Service Member profile, replace Service Member contact information in a Service Member profile with a different piece of contact information that will forward to the Service Member, or take any other step reasonably calculated to track the occurrence of such communications. Except as explicitly stated herein, we will not record or review the content of any communications that do not come into contact with the Thumbtack Platform unless we first obtain your permission.

If you send text messages with a Customer Member or Service Member using the telephone number for that Member available on the Platform, we may use a third-party service provider to track these text messages. We track these text messages for fraud prevention, to ensure appropriate charging of Fees, to enforce these Terms, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, Thumbtack and its service provider will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message

My question is if I cannot opt out of this obvious ilegal invasion of privacy and do not agree to It will i automaticly be removed from thumbtack and FYI I do not agree to it whatsover