Highlighted
Best Answer

Advice for preventing no show customers with set appointments

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi there I come here I don’t know how they work but for me I spend almost 150$ but every time when I get a lead if we fixe appointment they don’t show up . So what can I do because Thumtack hi already take their money for lead but the lead doesn’t show up . So what can I do for all the money I spend without working.

*title edited by moderator on 2/11/2020 for clarity*

States

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Lead

Community Expert
Best Answer

@GraceMP2020 I'm really sorry to hear that you've had trouble with customers not showing for their appointments. I'm sure other pros will have advice and suggestions to share. One idea that I can think of is to possibly ask customers to hold their appointment with a small deposit. Is that something you've considered before?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.

View solution in original post

replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@GraceMP2020 I'm really sorry to hear that you've had trouble with customers not showing for their appointments. I'm sure other pros will have advice and suggestions to share. One idea that I can think of is to possibly ask customers to hold their appointment with a small deposit. Is that something you've considered before?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.

View solution in original post

Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Instead of putting that burden on the Pros, TT should instead implement a method for prequalifying the job posters and developing consequences for not operating in good faith.  TT vets us as Pros but job posters are not checked.  If TT required job posters to have some skin in the game (a small deposit like earnest money) that either (1) gets refunded to goes to the Pro if the customer moves forward with the project or (2) is forfeited and goes to TT, that would likely go a long way to reducing ghosting.  In addition, TT should implement a rating framework similar to uber and AirBNB where not only do Pros get rated, but we also get to rate job posters.  That would save us a lot of expense and effort by giving us the chance to avoid responding to known, habitual tire-kickers/nonresponders.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Advice for preventing no show customers with set appointments

Community Regular
Best Answer
I too worry about this, but for me, communication is keeping thing to a very low number with no-shows. I normally set up the appointment from either a day to a week in the future, and inform them that I will be contacting them the day of the appointment before I leave. Then when the day arrives, I reach out to see if it is still a go.

If I don't hear from them, I don't move. Customers like this attention that time is valuable. Valuable to you, and valuable to them. Since I have been diligent with this, my no-show rate has been very low.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Advice for preventing no show customers with set appointments

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Great insight @smcclos. Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes