Ask clarification questions

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

When I first started using Thumbtack (maybe 5 years ago), I could ask a potential client who provided a vague description of a peoject to clarify what the proposed job was all about before saying I was interested.  Is that function still available, and if so, how do I get to it?

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Ask clarification questions

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Great question @wojocad. If you need additional details about a customer's project, you'll need to send them a message. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Sounds like I can ask a question before expressing interest, but I don't see where the button is to do that.  Can you send a screenshot?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@wojocad sorry for any confusion. There isn't a button or option to get more information before sending a quote or accepting a direct lead. If you want more info, you'll need to send a message by either quoting on the job (if it's in the Opportunities tab) or accept the lead and send a message (if it's a direct lead.) 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

It used to be a feature. When it worked, it was nice.  All questions were filtered by customer service in the Philippines. I recall giving up on asking questions, as only about 1 out of 100 made it through screening. TT finally took this away sometime in 2016?

Now, as I understand it, asking a question of a Job-Poster might end up costing you to get an answer you don't like. I suppose it depends upon whether or not Targeting is turned on. 

I'm going to attach a photo, that I created and very recently added to my TT Profile. It is something I should have done years ago. I do furniture assembly, and my bids are generally by the project, and not an hourly rate. I need to research something online, look at pictures, download manuals,...before I can come up with project bid.  I gave up on suggesting, begging, for TT to be more firm about having JP's include a link to the item that needs to be assembled. 

Now, If a lead is not clear, I usually pass. Assemble my desk? Well what kind of desk?  If they don't tell me upfront, I usually PASS. 

I've been with TT since 2013.   Go ahead and have that private conversation, if I'm wrong...please enlighten us. 

TwoDesks.jpg

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Got it...  Disappointing.  Thanks.