Highlighted

LEADS since covid19

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hello....I am a CBT Counselor and fairly new to TT, I have only been on site maybe six months. I have gotten several hires and a couple of the hires have been long term which I am thankful for.  I have experienced a couple of the problems expressed here in this community forum; "ghosting", paying for leads that turn out to be people just fishing, "hires" and no shows after that.  My concern now is that since the virus pandemic I have not gotten any leads.  The competition is much greater because everyone is online now.  One of the suggestions I have made to TT is that they remove the "number of hires" from pro profiles, this is a subliminal type of message or a marketing strategy which tends to get more eye view/recognition and poses as a rating for the business or individual and discredits others who may be a better choice based on professionalism, experience, training and education. For example; I see a business or individual with 135 hires vs. another in the same line of work with only 5 hires, my focus is automatically on the one with 135.  Automatically I discount the one with 5 hires because I figure the one with 135 MUST be better.  When in actuality the one with 135 hires is least qualified in many areas.  The one with only 5 hires showing is new and hasn't been given a chance to expose itself as a business or individual.  I also officiate weddings and marriage ceremonies, I have stopped taking leads because I can't afford the pay the cost and no return. Many people are wanting to get married during this time, they hire me and then cancel.  Most have not researched their county website to inquire about obtaining a license during the quarantine, they hire and then find out they can't get a license and then either they don't communicate back to me or they let me know they have to cancel.  Any thoughts on these matters are appreciated. 

replies
Highlighted

Re: LEADS since covid19

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I respectfully disagree with the idea to remove number of hires. Although I have far more hires than any other vendor in my area, I only win a fraction of bids because customers do thier due diligence and hire the company who is the best fit for the job. I have more hires because I bid on more jobs and have invested a lot over the years to get to the top. Perhaps a more fair statistic would be the ratio of hires compared to number of total bids.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Additionally if you look at the search rankings number of hires does not get you to the top spot, nor does being a top pro, or even review totals. The number one factor is being fast to respond to leads. I'm not saying this is right way to rank but that's the algorithm.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I agree the response should be quick, in which I do. I've even had leads contact me first. You said the same thing I am saying; "customers do their due diligence and hire the company who is the best fit for the job." That is reading the providers profile and then making a connection to decide the best fit.....NOT focusing on number of leads a provider has. I respectfully disagree with you, a person doesn't need to know how many hires I have had (it's just bragging) to decide if I'm qualified for the services I need.....