When a customer does not pay

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

What to do when a customer does not pay.  Do I take them to small claims court or is Thumbtack have some responsibility to help?
Thank you!

post merged to existing conversation by moderator on 3/19/2020

Occupations (1)
replies
Highlighted

Re: When a customer does not pay

Community Expert
Best Answer

Sorry to hear about this @danahershman. We want to hear more about the situation to see what we can do to help. Please give our customer support team a call at 800-948-2034 so they can begin to work with you and go over the possible options.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thank you Kameron. I will call customer service.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Customer support is not available via phone. I sent an email as well but have not heard back.
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@danahershman I'm sorry that you had trouble getting through by phone, you may be able to try back later today. You can also wait for a response through email and our teams will get back to you as soon as they can, thank you for your patience.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi Kameron,
I am still waiting to hear back from support. Is anyone answering the emails? I have yet to be paid by the client and used some of my own money to support the job. I believe the person to be a fraud and I believe that Thumbtack should help with the payment. I have a CC on file for my account, and hoping the prospect does as well so they can charge them for my services.
Thank you for your time and help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dana Hershman
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@danahershman I just took a look to see that a case has been created for you to work with our Marketplace Trust and Safety team. I'd expect them to reach out by early next week at the latest. We appreciate your continued patience while our staff works to get back to you. 

0 Likes