Thumbtack is deceiving potential clients by not making my rate prominent. They claim my rate is too high AFTER they view me. Customers never contact me but I'm being charged. Why am I paying for people to simply view my quotes, as they are free to do with PROMOTE? PROMOTE doesn't make sense and I am losing a lot of money and not getting any work. I'm getting ready to leave if I'm not refunded. Whoever is responsible for changing Thumbtack and implimenting promote is going to be responsible for their downfall.
... View more
so annoying that Thumbtack's system can't accept quote marks and so my title looks nuts and less people are likely to read it. This gives me less hope of things changing back to the good ol' days. I will post again! I will also reply to you more in depth later but in the meantime THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY! Yes! I know many Pro's on Thumbtack feel the same way we do. We are right! Hopefully Thumbtack catches on!
... View more
I've used Thumbtack since 2015. I was very happy. But ever since Thumbtack made the unnecessary changes known first as "INSTANT MATCH" and now "PROMOTE." I have been extremely disappointed.
1. The list for customers to view is too long and overwhelming. Customers will go for cheaper bids and those customers may be disappointed with what they get.
2. Pro's are resentful that they are being given an ultimatum: pay to play or don't appear on the mile long list.
3. If everyone "pays to play" aka. "Promote" themselves, the list is just a big list of every pro on thumbtack in that category. Sure some will appear higher than others but the only feature that will be standing out to potential customers is their price and so you have just elminated a large percentage of pro's who charge more because they are more pro and experinced, hence decline in quality of work.
4. Paying for quotes on job I wouldn't want to apply for because instant match services section isn't helpful. I'm willing to travel further for some jobs than others, etc....
5. Paying for quotes, technically being hired, and customers not following through or replying with a direct message (happens way too often I don't want to have to waste my time calling thumbtack to reimburse me).
6. Thumbtack's sneaky use of allowing clients to automate a reply or message in order for pros to have to fork up and pay.
CONCLUSION: Instant match doesn't work for customers either. pro's should all just be allowed to send bids like it was before "instant match" and "promote." PROBLEM SOLVED.
I loved Thumbtack and now I'm so disappointed. I hope my message gets through to other Pro's.
Please repost this message or voice your opinions in your own way so that the higher ups will take some notice. I know Thumbtack used to appreciate feedback. I hope whoever is in charge of these changes hasn't take over everthing.
... View more
Hello Meckell, I am very disappointed with Thumbtack's changes.....first with "instant match" and now with "promote." I loved Thumbtack and was extremely happy with their service and customer service but no more and I can foresee the company's future decline. What Thumbtack was doing before "instant match" was fine and you should revert. Reverting is the only way Thumbtack will continue to thrive. You might be making a lot of money now but soon both Pro's and customers are going to move on because: 1. The list for customers to view is too long and overwhelming. Customers will go for cheaper bids and those customers may be disappointed with what they get. 2. The list of complaints for Pro's are endless and you will soon start to see them mount. Instant match is not accurate. I want to be able to choose who I can bid on without facing the consequences of an ultimatum of not appearing on the "promote" list. Customers who hire me will more often than not, hire me and then not response when I reach out to them. Why is this? At least before I could screen the jobs and not pay for people who didnt fit my requirements or who seemed flakey. I don't want to limit my chances by not "promoting" myself but the quotes I am paying for the percentage of people who don't respond (a big percentage) I'm just throwing my money away. Thumbtack shouldn't give customer's the option to press a button with a computer generated response, that's making it too easy for them to not have to do any work to engage with the Pro's. They have nothing to lose. We do. With regard to this specific discussion. I too would like to be reimbursed for the following people who hired me but never "directly" reached out. Gabi b Malene S sonja w Casandra R deborah l Lydie L Leanne O Paula V $21.20 Dee ng $21 Camila C
... View more