Charles Jojo Tyler
New York, NY 917 532-6707 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org jojosenergy.com
Shaman of Fitness | Master Instructor | Fitness Innovator | Media Personality
Jojo is a master coach of a wide variety of teaching, Yoga, Pilates, Aerobics, and Body Sculpting, His other roles include Silver Sneakers presenter, Activity Coordinator for the Food Services Group inc, Has a Yoga school training with Yoga Alliance
QVC spokesperson, AFAA/NASM CEU provider, Spinning, and Urban Rebounding master coach, Tyler is the originator of “The JOjo,” workout system and methodology that fuses strength, cardiovascular and flexibility training to help individuals achieve a balanced mind, body, and soul.
During his career as a fitness innovator, JoJo has provided exceptional fitness services to clients and the entire healthy living industry. JoJo's remarkable ability and creative approach to movement-to-music make him one of the most sought-after fitness consultants worldwide.
Jojo has been consistently named ‘Fitness Instructor of the Year’ by several of the U.S.’ top Health Clubs. He has also been a focal point of many retail and non-profit promotional campaigns and has appeared in several fitness magazines, movies and on T.V. and dvd’s on Amazon.com
Jojo is generous with his time and expertise, volunteering at assist less fortunate and challenged individuals improve their health. His most notable accomplishment has been serving as Vice President of Fitness Vibrations, an organization that helps critically ill and substance abuse children. Jojo has also created fitness programs for a non-profit organization called “In the Spirit.” He has also presented master classes at IDEAL, ECA, IHRSA and Fitness Factory, the GMHC Aids Walk Warm-Up, and at City of Hope. Finally, JoJo helped developed a program with New York First Lady Michelle Paige Paterson called ‘Healthy Steps to Albany,’ which was designed to bring awareness about health and wellness for inner-city kids in New York City schools.
Recently, JoJo has added ‘Urban Rebounding’ to his fitness portfolio. He has appeared on NBC's Today Show and Good Day New York, promoting this new fitness trend. As a national educator for ACE and AFFA, he now certifies instructors in Urban Rebounding nationwide. Jojo played an important role in developing an infomercial for Urban Rebounding and presented this workout program at the annual World Ideal Convention. He has developed video/dvd’s for major retailers on a exciting new styles of rebounding including ‘Hip Hop Bound,’ ‘Latin Bound,’ ‘African Bound,’ ’Yoga Bound,’ and ‘Oldies but Goodies Bound.
JoJo's vision is to maximize the benefits clients receive by taking classes to the max using endorphin-pushing skills. His motto is “If I can create a new method for people to enjoy getting into shape, I've done my job.”
Certifications & Training
• Pre K teacher trainer
• Silver Sneakers
• Power Hour Body Sculpting
• Aqua Aerobics
• Urban Rebounding
• Cable Flex
• Power Walking
• MADD DOGG
• Power Flex
• 5 Tibetan Rites
• STOTT/PHI Pilates Mat
• 200hr RYT Teacher trainer
• NRG Ball (video)
• Lifestyle Coaching
• Personal Training
• TRX Trainer
• Yoga4soul School
• Registered Yoga Teacher E-500HRS
• Triathlon coach
Key Expertise & Notable Highlights
• Fitness Instructor of the Year (2002/2003) for Equinox (2002-2003). New York Health and Racquet Club (1996) and Top Instructor at New York Sports Club (1995).
• Harlem Cycle’s Master Instructor, teaching the most popular class, called “Striver’s Row.” The class, named for the distinguished group of nearby famous New York Historical landmark, mixed cycling, and circuit training and was featured on Fox5 News. You can read more on www.nytimes.com
• Appearances on ESPN2 with the New York Sports Club Performance Team for several different tournaments, performed at the East Coast Alliance on a demo team, and participated in promotional performances for numerous athletic sponsors.
• Established a Yoga Teacher training school called ‘Yoga4Soul’, which has trained over 100 instructors who provide instruction in this style of yoga in studios and gyms worldwide, TheYoga4Soul (Y4S) and Barefoot Boot Camp course was featured in the July/Aug 2010 issue of American Fitness Magazine as one of the top International unique fusion classes.
• Developed other classes including ‘Power Hour Body4Soul’, ‘Soul Spin,’ and ‘Low Fat Yoga’ which are designed to uplift mind, body, and spirit.
• Personal Trainer to celebrities such as Madonna and Luther Vandross, politicians, and the cast of the acclaimed HBO show ‘The Wired,’ as well as many other clients who have all achieved their individual fitness goals.
• Instructors Performance Evaluator and Fitness Consulted at New York Sports Club, HRC
as well as teaching classes in Functional fitness, Spinning, Yoga, Pilates, Silver Sneakers and Body Sculpting and other fitness programs at the top clubs in New York City.
• T.V. Spokeperson and Salesperson for the new and exciting technology in functional fitness featured on QVC UK and ITLAY called ‘URBAN REBOUNDING”, Please see t.v clips
• Master Presenter for Jackie Chan's CableFlex Workout
Which is a strength, flexibility, core and yoga cable program class that is fun and safe.
• Developing a new state-of-the-art fitness program called ‘The Club Series,’ with Town Sports International Sports Clubs, developing a certification program for this new form, and designing workshops and educational tools for instructors continue education. a strength, flexibility, core and yoga program class that is fun and safe.
• Working with other trainers to create a new class called ‘TRANX,’ which is a combination of TRX bands, Treadmill, and strength training. This class is one of a kind which involves two classes in one.