question about a direct lead

Options
Sergey
Sergey Posts: 9
edited December 2023 in Thumbtack Resources

I receive a task, and I answer within a few seconds. but to my surprise, I am not the first person the client communicates with. That is, I receive a task that has already been offered to someone. and this is not a category of possibilities. Accordingly, I then receive a message from the client that he has already agreed with another employee. Why send a task that has already been given to someone and take money for it? at the same time, sometimes, if I also answer in less than a minute, you report that the client communicates only with me. What does this depend on?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

@Sergey Thumbtack does not "send tasks" (jobs) to other pros, you are receiving the direct lead, because this customer chose to reach out to 3 pros.

• structuralguy65
    Options

@Dustio is there a secret algorithm (either internal or external) that lets other pros respond automatically with an automated response to a lead? That's what this feels like.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

There is not a secret algorithm, but there is something called Front Desk that some pros use. I'm not sure if this pro uses that, but it does exist. There are also saved replies that you can use to just click and respond super quickly once you get a notification about a lead.