Lead prices and competitors

Hi,

I've been using Thumbtack for a while and have somewhat enjoyed getting new clients, but I’m wondering why, whenever a client looks for a photographer for example, they’re given multiple competitors to choose from. In my opinion, this seems unfair to those who don’t get chosen, yet still have to pay for the lead. Additionally, some lead prices are really expensive, even for the same service, and I don’t quite understand how the rates are determined—it all seems pretty random to me. It feels like this is how Thumbtack makes its profit. I think it would be fairer if clients could choose who they want to hire first, and then lead prices would only be charged to those who actually get hired. Also, offering too many competitors gives an unfair advantage to those who have significantly more reviews, making it harder for new users to compete. I hope others can join in and share their honest opinions on this topic. I also hope Thumbtack can address this to make the platform more enjoyable for everyone to use.

Thanks,
Shogo