Instant book has ran off the top pros

Options

I have not been happy with the instant book like a lot of pros but is instant book going to continue be forced. In my area there is not 1 top pro left in my category this feature is running off the pros that were loyal to thumbtack I just don’t understand this horrible decision that is being ignored. Anybody you talk to about the price of the lead down to the refund policy that is implemented is not happy except for a few recurring services this instant book feature works for. Too much control taken out of the business owners hands with no control of customers scheduling services same day on opposite side of service areas this is why most of us started our own businesses we wanted the freedom and control of owning our businesses and working hard not a lead generation company trying to force crazy high lead prices that eat up 80% of the cost of the job. I hope 2024 brings a much need change with recognition that instant book was a horribly implemented.

Comments

• Marlene_Dawdy
    Options

I recently completed the survey sent to me. I hope Thumbtack takes the input from pros seriously and makes some major adjustments. I love using Thumbtack but the scammers are getting smarter and smarter! I think when a refund is issued, it should not be refunded as a credit but back to the pro's credit card immediately. We shouldn't have to request it.

• Maureen_Nuccitelli
    Options

Hopefully "Instant Book" is gone forever! It is a terrible business model. Caused me undue stress (while dealing with a sick family member.)

Can we just go back to the mediocre "paid leads" please?