Abandoned by Thumbtack

I signed up for Thumbtack as a pro and within minutes was contacted by a representative who outlined a package where I would get personal assistance from him with the set up and for the first 60 days of service. I needed to discuss it with my partner and he said to get back in touch when we were ready to proceed.

I have reached out several times and have heard nothing back. Ghosted.

I'm currently setting up our services and such on my own, and really wish I had someone to assist. It's a bit confusing, very time consuming and I don't quite understand what I'm doing. Not a good experience with Thumbtack so far.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,813
    edited October 9

@Happy_Handyman24 I'm so sorry to hear that this has been your experience - as a former Thumbtack pro myself, I understand how overwhelming it can be to get started. Can I ask how you are trying to reach the person you were working with? Is there anything I can help you with? You can try and join a CommuniTEA session (networking) where you can chat with other Thumbtack pros and get advice/tips for success on Thumbtack and beyond (I am there too). There is a session this Thursday (they happen every other Thursday) - you'll find all the info here. We also have some incredible on-demand and live webinars for new pros that are really informative! You can also check out the pro panel from this recent event (linked in the post), which features some great tips from seasoned pros.