Thumbtack Opportunities

I have a question about "opportunities". I got a lead yesterday for which I paid $52 and had to compete against 4 other vendors. 3 of the 4 of us responded within 10 minutes. YET the lead still went to the opportunities area and now 8 vendors have responded to the lead. What's worse is that the opportunity is only $42 when I paid $52, had to compete against 4 others and I've still not been able to contact the lead or gotten a response.

Can there be a more fair process when the opportunity goes to others?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,813

@SarzozaPhoto do you remember what the customer's name was? I'm looking into this - was it Jade B?

• Hi Dusti, thank you. Yes, it is JadeB. The lead seems very sus. Calls go straight to voicemail and no texts /Thumbtack messages back. I thought they said on the summit that leads don't go to opportunities if no Pro responds within an hour. 8 pros for one lead doesn't seem like limited competition. I am definitely looking forward to the new changes rolling out. I'd gladly pay 25% to 30% on booked work.

• DustiO

Did you receive this customer's request in both direct leads and opportunities? This isn't supposed to happen, so we're trying to figure out why it did…

• Indeed. That's what I was confused about. Why it's in both.

• DustiO

OMG I don't know why I didn't check this FIRST, but it looks like this customer actually submitted 2 different requests . They may have decided they wanted to reach out to more pros, etc. But, it doesn't look like it was the same lead that went to both places. Mystery solved!

• I guess they are allowed to do that? Doesn't seem equitable to me. But I guess it's a 'good lead' according to Thumbtack. These mass contacting leads are what really hurts us as Pros. Really looking forward to the new system. I just paid $100+ for a lead with a budget of $250. So if I get it, I'd have paid a 40% lead cost. Ouch!

• DustiO

Definitely not ideal, and I am sure it is frustrating!