Why doesn't Thumbtack make its fee structure public?

I have been working with Thumbtack for several years and still don't have a clue how the fee structure works. I am charged anywhere from $37 to $100 to do the same job at the same distance from my home.

Answers

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,813

@jdinsmoor pricing is based on several factors and will vary based on things like job size, how many pros are available, and your specific market (ie how many customers are looking for your service, how many pros are there, how much are those pros willing to pay, etc.). There isn't a set "price sheet" if that's what you're referring to, as there are hundreds of categories and even more markets on Thumbtack. But, you are able to see what range your lead prices will be in based on where you've set your Max Lead Prices.

My guess would be that prices varied on this particular similar job based on what other pros were setting their max lead prices at and how many were available in your market at that time. I would recommend revisiting your Max Lead Prices often to make sure you have them set at a level that works well for you and your business (though it doesn't often hit that upper limit, be sure that you are ok with it if/when it does do that). You can always play around with it and see what works for you, since you aren't locked into it for any amount of time.

This article talks about what goes into pricing and how to check your Max Lead Prices - it also links to several other helpful articles. Hopefully this helps! But, please let me know if you need more help!