Why do I receive direct leads where customer's budget is less than half my published rates?
I keep getting direct leads where the customer's budget is half or less than half my published rates. I feel this is an issue that can be easily filtered on the back end but is left unaddressed because it's profitable for thumbtack but detrimental to your members.
Comments
-
This content has been removed.
-
Thank you for raising this. We are seeing the same problem, and I believe the “Get Quotes From Top 3 Pros” button is a major contributor to declining lead quality.
For us, the issue goes beyond customers simply not seeing pricing. The bigger problem is pre-qualification. Customers can send a request to three Pros before meaningfully reviewing their profiles and deciding whether those businesses are actually a good match.
For example, a customer looking for a $100 individual cleaner can generate a paid lead for our established, fully insured cleaning company even though our profile clearly states that our pricing starts around $180. The reverse can happen too: a customer specifically requiring an insured company that can provide a COI may generate a paid lead for an individual cleaner who cannot meet those requirements.
In both cases, the Pro can be charged for a customer who likely would never have intentionally contacted them after reviewing the profile.
We have also seen a gradual decline in our conversion rate since this feature was introduced.
I just created a separate discussion specifically about the “Get Quotes From Top 3 Pros” button and its effect on conversion and lead quality:
https://community.thumbtack.com/discussion/2582/get-quotes-from-top-3-pros-button-damaging-conversion-and-lead-quality/p1?new=1
I’d be very interested to hear whether you and other Pros have noticed the same pattern.0
Resources
- All Categories
- 9 Atlanta Pro Community
- 1 Pro AI Hub
- 139 New Pro Hub
- 5 PAB & PPC corner
- 35 Trending topics
- 26 Feedback in Action
- 7 Wins and Recognition
- 22 Tools to help grow & run your business
- Pro Mentorship
- 44 Comunidad en Español
- 3 Featured Events
- 15 On-Demand Webinars
- 207 Network and Collaborate
- 140 Thumbtack Pro Rewards
- 1.2K Business Resources
- 208 Inspiration
- 78 Business Resilience
- 339 Thumbtack Resources
- 383 Community News
Welcome! Check out our Community Code of Conduct. (review here)