Account Deactivated for Being “Linked” to a Business I Have Never Been Associated With — Please Help

empireeliteco
empireeliteco New member Posts: 2 ✭

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping someone in the Thumbtack Community — especially a moderator — can please help point me in the right direction or look into what happened with my account.

My established Thumbtack Pro account was unexpectedly deactivated because I was told it was supposedly linked to another account/business. The problem is that I have never owned, operated, worked for, or been associated with the business/account Thumbtack is referring to.

This is extremely concerning because I have worked very hard to build my business and reputation on Thumbtack. I have had a strong account history, great customer reviews, and earned Top Pro status. I have never knowingly created or operated another account associated with the business they are claiming is connected to me.


I completely understand Thumbtack having security measures and policies regarding duplicate or related accounts. However, if an account is incorrectly linked to someone else’s business, there should be a way for the legitimate account owner to have that association manually reviewed and corrected.


I am more than willing to verify my identity, business information, account ownership, or provide reasonable documentation showing that I am not associated with the business in question.


Has anyone else experienced this — where your account was deactivated because Thumbtack said you were linked to a business or account you did not recognize? If so, were you able to get the incorrect association removed and your account reinstated?


I would also greatly appreciate it if a Thumbtack Community moderator could look into my situation or help get it escalated to the appropriate team for a manual review.


I am not trying to create another account or bypass Thumbtack’s policies. I simply want my original, established account reviewed fairly, the incorrect association investigated, and my account restored if Thumbtack confirms that the connection was made in error.


This account and the reputation I built on Thumbtack are extremely important to my business, so I sincerely appreciate any help, guidance, or escalation anyone can provide.

Comments

  • ArvinC
    ArvinC Administrator, Moderator Posts: 440 admin

    Hi @empireeliteco , welcome to the Community. I can understand why you'd want this reviewed, especially given the history and reputation you've built on Thumbtack.

    I do want to be upfront that account deactivations and decisions involving linked accounts aren't something we're able to investigate or resolve through Community moderation. Those reviews need to be handled by the appropriate account and Trust & Safety teams, since they have access to information we don't have here.

    I'd recommend contacting support@thumbtack.com and specifically explaining that you'd like the account association reviewed because you don't recognize or have a relationship with the business referenced. Be prepared to provide any identity or business verification the team may request as part of their review.

    If you've already contacted Support, I'd recommend replying to the same existing email thread rather than opening multiple requests. That helps keep your information and case history together for the team reviewing it.

    I hope this helps point you toward the right team and process for getting the situation reviewed.

  • empireeliteco
    empireeliteco New member Posts: 2 ✭

    hello and thanks so much for responding.

    Is there any way you can help or message or start a thread as I haven’t heard back from any of them. The emails or anything?

  • ArvinC
    ArvinC Administrator, Moderator Posts: 440 admin

    @empireeliteco I totally understand why you're asking ! Unfortunately, we don't have access to Trust & Safety cases or the ability to move those reviews along from the Community side.

    The Pro Community is really designed as a space for pros to connect with one another, share experiences and feedback, ask business questions, and learn from other pros. Account-specific issues like this need to be handled by the teams who have access to your account and case details.

    Since you've already reached out, I suggest following up on that existing case rather than starting a new one, so the team has all of your information and previous communication in one place.

    I know that's probably not the answer you were hoping for, but I don't want to set the expectation that we're able to escalate something from here when we don't have access to that process.