Why do we get charged for leads if a client takes it upon themselves to reach out directly to us?
This direct lead system is extremely flawed. We shouldn't be charged for unsolicited messages from users. This policy needs to be changed. I used this service a few years ago and it worked well but I don't remember being charged if I didn't respond to someone. If this is the way it works now, I'm out!
Comments
-
Hi @Reality_AV1 , welcome to the Community, and thanks for sharing your feedback. I can understand why the direct lead charging experience may feel different from what you remember when you previously used Thumbtack.
Just to provide some context, Direct Leads are generated when a customer selects your business and reaches out about a service you're targeting. With this experience, the lead charge generally occurs when the customer contacts you, rather than when you choose to respond. This is why keeping your targeting preferences, lead prices, and weekly budget aligned with the jobs you want is especially important.
I'd recommend reviewing those settings to make sure you're comfortable with the types of requests you're receiving and what you're willing to spend. If you've received a lead that doesn't match your preferences, you can also submit a refund request through your account for review under the applicable refund policy.
I also hear your broader feedback about wanting more control over which leads you choose to pay for. I'll include that perspective as Community feedback around lead charging and Pro control continues to be surfaced to the appropriate teams.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience!
0
Resources
- All Categories
- 10 Atlanta Pro Community
- 3 Pro AI Hub
- 141 New Pro Hub
- 5 PAB & PPC corner
- 37 Trending topics
- 28 Feedback in Action
- 7 Wins and Recognition
- 22 Tools to help grow & run your business
- Pro Mentorship
- 44 Comunidad en Español
- 3 Featured Events
- 15 On-Demand Webinars
- 207 Network and Collaborate
- 140 Thumbtack Pro Rewards
- 1.2K Business Resources
- 208 Inspiration
- 78 Business Resilience
- 342 Thumbtack Resources
- 384 Community News
Welcome! Check out our Community Code of Conduct. (review here)
