Sudden 95% decline in profile views

2»

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

@AlexCook32 I would remind you to please re-visit our Community Code of Conduct and to keep conversations constructive. Thanks.

• I am curious to follow along to see if your problem is resolved!

I am just coming back to Thumbtuck after taking a break from free lance work and, given what you have experienced, I don’t stand a chance to climb back up to the top-to-near-top of the local search results…

I am floored by how much I calculated it will/would cost me to get back to the volume of business Thumbtuck was generating for me… And I didn’t even rely on this platform (or the others) for the majority of my business. I had started using Thumbtack over tutoring centric sites that took a cut from each lesson I completed b/c I was tired of having to give up 25% (and more at times!) of my income regardless to the amount of business I was generating through them (quite a bit!) and the number-of-credits-per-lead based structure adequately compensated Thumbtuck for their service without indefinitely squeezing me.

I am very disappointed to see Thumbtuck has new business model, I honestly don’t understand how they think it’s going to be sustainable in the long run: given how many other free-lancing/gig economy options are available now, it’s only a question of time for the next big one to come along and lure business away with a “better model”.

I personally hope that’s not the case, I joined TT in 2016 so I’ve been on here (whether actively or paused) for quite some time… But I stink at soliciting feedback from clients so, whatever little feedback I have, it’s here and I would have to start over elsewhere!

E

• It's the new feature i use to have more than 500 800 views a week now it's not even close to 300 a week i use to get a lot of leads and now nothing. i use to spend more for leads but now they just hide your business if you not on unlimited budget or a huge amount.

The new Max lead price is what did it for me ever since it was introduce i stop getting a lot of leads and now i don't even get hired anymore it's literally here and there.