First Photos People See

The way Thumbtack has set-up how photos are ordered on my profile is hurting my business. They have it set-up so the first photos that are put on your site by those who give you the first reviews will be the photo other people will always first see. I officiate weddings. In order to get my profile on Thumbtack, I was required to get three reviews with photos. So I asked friends who I had officiated their wedding to give me a review. The first couples who did also added photos. The problem is that I officiated their weddings years ago and it's easy to see that by the clothes they're wearing. Very outdated. When I asked Thumbtack if I could change the photos, they said no. It's not set up that way. If I asked them if THEY would change the photos, they said no. We don't do that. They could if they wanted to and wanted to help my business...like they're always telling me they want to, but I guess I have to assume they really don't want to help my business. To have a part of my profile, an important part, that is completely out of my control is head-scratching. Of course they could fix this, but they just don't want to bother. Appreciate the support Thumbtack.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,610

@Paul_Bock You could reach out to the customer and ask them to edit their review and remove the photos - customers are able to edit a review one time. Here are instructions for that, if you want to send it to the customer!

I would also suggest adding "featured projects" of your own, as I believe those will show first if they are added after the reviews with photos! Here is an article explaining how to do this. Let me know if it works!