Direct Leads

Hello,

I don't want leads where the job is less than $1500. I got a leaf for a job that is $500. How dovI stop this? As of now, I have made my profile hidden till I can get this fixed.

Thank you,

Mark Zilberman

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,611

Be sure that your targeting preferences reflect the job types you want to do - I noticed that you have all time slots checked (so even 1, 2, and 3 hour events). Customers might not know that your minimum charge for a short hour event is $1500 (I used to work in the event industry and people don't understand the effort and often think short events should be super inexpensive), so you could try unchecking that box. You do also have $1000-$1500 checked in your targeting preferences, so definitely uncheck that if you don't want those jobs. If you do receive a lead outside of those preferences then submit that for a refund. You can see how to do that here.

• Would you please give me a link to the place where I specify charges for different amounts of hours? I can never find it when I am trying to go there.

• DustiO

Go to your services tab, then click on the service you want to change (ie wedding photography), then click on targeting preferences, and then I think it's under job types. You can find information on all of these things in the Help Center.

• There's no way to uncheck the hourly prices. I just removed any price. Will that work? Also btw, it's settings -> photographer services -> How much do you charge per job -> wedding.

• DustiO

There is a separate setting for the types of budgets you want to do that is separate from the hourly prices. It should be where I directed you, but check the Help Center article I linked as well for detailed instructions. Otherwise you will still keep getting those leads.

• @MarkZilberman

I got to ask how you are able to pass on leads even if there below your target budget? I'd like to be able to pass on low paying jobs but unfortunately we can't afford to only take on high paying clients. So if I could pick your brain on how you got to that point I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thank you and congratulations on your success!

• I am fortunate that I make my living from other work. So, I can afford to just take assignments that I want. But, also if I take work that I know is paid below what I should accept, I probably won't do a good job. I'll be resentful. So, if you have a way to earn or supplement your needed income which is other than the work you do now, it could be a great stress reliever. It's really quite good to be able to say no.

• Aww I think I get it, it's not that you enjoy the work it's that you enjoy the extra money it generates?

• I enjoy both types of work. But one is more dependable. So, I can say no to jobs in the other work that don't pay enough or don't look to be interesting or worth my time.