Advice from a Top Pro

Hello Everyone! Here's something I think can help.

Running a business - My advice for anyone reading this no matter if you are a solo freelancer, small business, or established company is the same. Accountability. When you're personally accountable, you take ownership of what happens as a result of your choices and actions. You don't blame others or make excuses. You are in control of yourself or the people you lead. Also we owe it our clients to really give out best effort in the service we provide to them.

Set weekly goals - The key to success in any business is growing and being better for yourself and for your client. Formulate a specific and measurable goal statement for different areas you want to grow and get better at, also do the same for things you are already very good at. Be ready to not hit all your goals, but if you sat 10 goals and only hit 6 that's better than not having set any goals that you are actively working towards and hitting none of them. Set deadlines, reminders, and time for your goals. This will keep you Accountable and be fun to have something to work towards, same goes for you employees if you have any.

Building your brand- I'm a Hybrid professional meaning I do photo & video at a high level for my clients. Anytime I get hired to help build. brand for my client and they ask which one they need I am honest... they need both. You need both, I as a small business need both. People want to see that you can do what they are asking for no matter how many reviews you have or how big you company is, people need to see that you have successfully completed the thing they are about to hire you for. The more you can show a potential client your value with pictures and video the more likely they are to hire you to do the service you provide. Marketing is a very important part of building a successful brand.

As a small business or freelancer you may be competing against big brands and companies with devoted customers and unlimited marketing budgets and resources. You have to do something that is sets you apart from everyone else that is doing what you do. The one thing we all can agree on is things we buy from brands we like help us, make us feel good, and most importantly we trust them. The main take I can provide for building your brand is build trust and care for the people you provide a service for and word will spread in a positive manner that can help grow you biz.

Wearing all the hats- This is something personally I know very well being my own brand. I provide photo, video, marketing services. I also run my website, my thumbtack, and I am the host of my podcast (podcast are great for building a brand) and many other things we all must do as a small biz.

Identify what is the most important and what is something you can outsource. While you may wear many hats make sure you spend time and effort each day in every department and try to get better as they all are important. Don’t get discouraged by failing in one area or another, it happens to all successful people and brands, LEARN FROM IT.

Last thing I'm trying to focus on that may help you is just get 1% better each day. If you can do that by the end of 365 days. You will be a better version of yourself and be much better off for the new year going into your business affairs. Give yourself time to enjoy the little wins you can get and win you take a loss, let it push you to never lose again. I hope this helps!

Lemar Griffin

Lemar Griffin Films

@lemargriffinfilms on Instagram :)

p.s Sorry for any typos!

Comments