Problems With Lead Refunds

I am having significant problems with my requests for lead refunds.

A recent one was exceptionally frustrating. I received a lead request from a client who canceled within 5 minutes of her request. I tried to immediately respond, but she had already canceled before I even finished reading it. I could not send a message and I could not call her. I could also not decline the request and it sat in my Leads tab for over a week. A representative was finally able to decline it for me and told me to request the refund. She also said that I would not be penalized for the amount of time that it took to respond because the request had been immediately canceled by the customer. I followed the instructions given to me by the Premium representative and then I received a DECLINE for my refund! When I opened up the Lead, it showed the decline, but then asked me "Why I declined the Lead!" What happened to the CANCELED that was placed on the request by the customer? Why was I declined the refund? There are also several others with refund requests that are clearly following Thumbtack protocols and then denied. Can anyone offer any advice? Are there any other Pro's going through this? I have been with Thumbtack for over 8 years. I need help.......😕

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,610

Hi @kostlover I am so sorry for the slow response - I was out for the last half of last week and am just getting caught up this morning! I have reached out to the team to see if I can get more information/clarification on this! I will let you know what I find out!

• DustiO

@kostlover sending you a DM!

• I have also had a very bad experience. I was sent a lead by Thumbtack back in May that turned out to be a scammer that was speaking inappropriately to me and targeting some of our younger females on staff. I contacted Thumbtack about this and they ensured me that I would be refunded right away. I have already sent numerous emails and STILL have not been refunded and it's been almost 2 months. Absolutely ridiculous and I would never provide this kind of customer service to one of our customers. I'm sorry you're going through this, too!

• DustiO

Hi @sarahiachieve I took a look at your account and it looks like your refund was actually processed on May 6th. You can see your credits/refunds here. Let me know if you have any other questions or need help with anything else!

• Thank you DustiO. That's strange because on my side it still says pending.

• DustiO

That is so weird! Let me know if it says pending when you click the above link - because I was able to log in as you and see that refund. If you're seeing something else there may be a bug or something! I'm on a MacBook and logging in through desktop, not the app. Which way are you logging in?

• I agree with all of you. I told Thumbtack 4 times that I don't install products I just sell them then I got a lead saying they just want me to install and Thumbtack charges me $119.00 and says I'm not eligible for a refund. 100% I am eligible for a refund. I never sent a message to the lead.

There were two other pros that did respond and Thumbtack charged them $119.00 apiece. So two of us got screwed. I am a small privately owned company and can not afford mistakes like this. They did this twice in three days.

When you get your email saying (You're not eligible for a refund) they send it in a no-reply email so you cant email them back and tell them how stupid they are.

• DustiO

@Mrhouston Thanks for posting, glad we can help. You have listed in your services that you install all of these items. If you do not wish to receive leads about installing them, then you'll need to remove those services. Here is an article that walks you through how to remove a service.

I would also suggest that you read through this article about How Thumbtack Works - you aren't charged when you send an email to a client - you are charged when matched to customers' jobs - and you are matched according to what services you have listed in your targeting preferences (as shown above).

Let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks!