Have y'all been harassed/SA'd by a lead on Thumbtack?

What did thumbtack do about it?

Have y'all been harassed/SA'd by a lead on Thumbtack? 2 votes

Yes
100% 2 votes
No
0% 0 votes

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

@user212 Please reach out to Thumbtack support if you have been harassed by a Thumbtack lead. We have an entire team dedicated to taking care of these issues - we never want these things to take place on Thumbtack. So sorry to hear this. Sending you a DM right now.

• user212
    user212 Posts: 6

I did! They took two months after extremely rude conversation by support where they said I should be used to it because 'm a female photographer

• Yes, the first lead that was sent to me was a scammer that only wanted to work with select females on our staff and was saying inappropriate things. I did contact Thumbtack and they did refund me for the lead.

• Hey user212! I did reply to your message above and realized that Thumbtack has STILL not refunded me back for the scammer that was speaking inappropriately to me and targeting our younger females on staff. They told me almost 2 months ago that they would and I have already sent numerous emails.

• DustiO

Hi @sarahiachieve I commented on your other post, but your refund was actually processed on May 6th. You can see your refunds/credits here. Thumbtack also took action on the customer's end to avoid having further issues like this, as Thumbtack takes these types of things very seriously.

Let me know if either of you need any further help or clarification!

• user212

Thats awful @sarahiachieve!! @DustiO while I appreciate what you do, Thumbtack clearly doesn't take these things seriously when they constantly tell us "there will always be bad leads" and "you should get used to it" both of this things said to me by a male supervisor on the phone. When I said we cannot equate harassment to a lead that doesn't hire us he said: "why not? its the same outcome".

• DustiO

@user212 as I have requested before, I would love for you to DM me who this agent was, because this is not the practice or policy of the Thumbtack team and does not demonstrate the experience that you should be having. I would love to look into it, if you would share that with me.

• user212

As it says in the above comment, which you can read again, it was over the phone, as in a phone call, with one of the supervisors. I want to say his name was Kyle but I'm not 100% sure.

• user212

If you can show me how to find who it was and have a recording of our conversation then you will hear how that supervisor compared a lead sending me more than 50 dick pics to a lead that chooses not to hire us for whatever reason

• DustiO

I am looking into this right now, thank you!

• user212

Sounds great thank you!!! It happened about 2/3 weeks ago