Pride month employee and pro highlights

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,625

"Don't stop fighting for what you believe in. You always have a huge network of support from people you may not even know yet. One thing I love about the LGBTQ2IA+ community is the level of unspoken love and respect we all have for one another. Pride month is a great opportunity to connect with other LGBTQ2IA+ individuals and hear their story. There is so much to be inspired by. Human connection is key not only to a successful business, but a happy and fulfilled life." — Brendon Hudson (Liliahna), chef and Thumbtack pro.

"Pride month is not just about rainbow flags and parades. It's a celebration of life and diversity. It’s about acceptance and validation, and having a safe place for all the members of our community. It’s also our time to fight for equal rights to protect our members, especially trans youth, and to honor those who paved the way to where we are right now. Lastly, it’s the perfect time to educate people about our community so they can be better allies. Happy Pride Month and let’s continue to spread love, color, and happiness to this world!" — Jonel (he/his), Proudtacks member

"Pride Month means so many things to me. I realize that the first Pride Celebration was not a party, but a protest. We stand on the shoulders of brave people who had none of the rights we have today, and those of us who are here have to tell the story and honor our Queer forebearers. Today, more than ever, I love being a part of a community that is welcoming to all people, no matter how they present. The LGBTQ2IA+ is here, and we are not going anywhere." — Guy Johnson, wedding officiant and Thumbtack pro.

"For me, Pride is a multitude of things. It’s about acceptance of self and of others. It’s about our fight to break the stigma and shame that keeps us from being our true selves. It’s about gratitude to the pioneers who paved the way, and to ourselves for keeping this beautiful movement alive. It’s this unapologetic shout to the world that we are here and we stand together." — RJ, Proudtacks member

"Never become someone you are not for work. You don’t want clients that won't respect your pronouns or throw insults at you. For a while I thought that meant that I should hide myself. Don’t! Your work is amazing and if they have a problem with you, that’s on them." — Jess Wylde (they/them), photographer and Thumbtack pro.

Comments