What is the better method of customer retention.

What is the better method of customer retention. 5 votes

Impressing on 1st initial contact
40% 2 votes
Giving coupons
0% 0 votes
Follow up messaging and tips
40% 2 votes
None of the above
20% 1 vote

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582
    edited September 2021

@Plumbernick417 Thank you so much for posting this poll! Tagging in our Community Leaders to see if they have any thoughts to add!

@PomeranzLaw @CurlyBartender @Filip_Matic @Stat @perrysto @patrykkg @BITBLeah @Danielle_Penn Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

• PomeranzLaw
    PomeranzLaw Community Leader Posts: 32

@Plumbernick417 First impression means everything. When I first opened my firm, I thought discounting my price was a good way to generate business. I quickly found that the people looking for a discount value price over the quality of my service. Discounts can be helpful, especially when first starting out, but the only way you will grow your business is by delivering outstanding quality service.

• Danielle_Penn
    Danielle_Penn Community Leader Posts: 38

I agree wholeheartedly with you there @PomeranzLaw!

I also discounted prices at the very beginning of starting my company. However, the more I grew in my field and all the experience that goes with what I do. Discounts are not an option anymore. First impressions of hard work and sincere understanding of what the client wants are more important than anything else. At the end of the day, people looking for a discount, aren't going to fully respect what you do and offer.

• I completely agree with everyone's thoughts but, has anyone thought that maybe it can be a little mix of all three? Of course, first impressions are everything, especially with the field I'm in! With doing any type of construction, remodeling, handyman, or even just contracting services, more than half of the time we are working on a client's home and that's a pretty intimate thing because whether it be your first home or even your forever home, you need to gain a client's trust by being honest but you also have to have a likeability about yourself and all of your contractor's as well. If you don't have that from the beginning then more than half of the time, it's not only the fact that you won't get the job but you could be losing a forever client. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving discounts because with being a smaller business, we just started being more relevant on social media and marketing ourselves so obviously, I wouldn't have many reviews if I am new at this so we offer an incentive for everyone's first service with us to show leads that we could do the work that is being requested and excel at it while also offering something to them in return by giving us the opportunity to take a chance on us because we are a smaller company. Then lastly, if you keep up the consistency with following up - not only just to get the job but even during the job and a little while after just to check in on them. I feel like when you remember a customer and you follow up even after a job is over just to check on them, it makes the experience more personal, it makes them feel important and special, and even shows as a company that we care about our clients! Any thoughts?