Who's Here?

Hello all! My name is Malena, and I run a small music lessons & homeschool/life enrichment studio in southern Maine, although we have students all over the US now that classes are remote. :) Who's here with me? What type of business do you have? Looking forward to meeting you all! :)

Comments

• Heelllooo!! I'm Alison from NY > AZ > Southeast PA. I own a graphic design firm specializing in logo design and website design. We work with clients worldwide and I have an AHHHMAZING team of designers, developers, illustrators, and marketers. I'm a mom, wife, and small business owner looking to build and grow with you all!

• Mage
    Mage Posts: 114

Nice to meet another music teaching Pro! 😎 🎶 All of my students are online! 😆

• My name is Jaymee Jacobson. I’m new here but am owner /operator of a handyman business One Handy Chick. I like to say that I offer handyman skills with a woman’s touch! I look forward to meeting other entrepreneurial minded woman here.

• Mage

This is what I am talking about–I just finished sending a message to Dusti about how I am proud of the women who keep pushing forward! 💪🏽 Great to meet you! 😎

• Thank you so much!☺️ I’m extremely proud of myself in a heavily man dominated industry but I’m always up for a challenge. It’s great to meet you too! It’s been difficult to find any camaraderie that doesn’t also come with judgment or competition. Do you know if there’s an Austin Texas group at all? Or how would I even find it? The search feature doesn’t seem to pull much up

• Mage

👏🏽 That is awesome! I am still working on asserting myself in certain fronts; people don't expect me to scream, play death metal guitar, and fix computers, but there you have it! 😆 I always hoped people would see and appreciate my skills without judging too. I happen to participate in music competitions, but because of my gender, I often feel like I have to work 10x harder (I am sure you can relate!).

There is a Network section at the top. If an Austin group does not exist yet, perhaps you can create one? 🤔

• Hi Andrea here.

I'm the owner of a Mobile massage business called "Body whispers mobile massage".

I bring the comfort of massage to the client. Its been a little slow but gradually picking up. I'm just happy to be here amongst other strong woman and hoping to find more success. : )

• Danielle_Penn
    Danielle_Penn Community Leader Posts: 38

Love This!! I love reading all about everyone 🤩. Let's keep this going and keep the good vibes of cheering each other on! Inspiration for all we strive for and accomplish.

• Mage

Hey Andrea! Great to meet you! One of my closest friends is a registered massage therapist. I too am experiencing a slow season and have had to live frugally. I've even thought about looking at other jobs. I am curious to hear what others are doing during slow seasons like this! 😆 I too hope that you find success! 🙏🏽 Thumbtack is what allowed to me to continue having a full business instead of just a "side hustle." 😎

• Hi Mage

I'm not in feast mode but staying steady with work. Been attending mixers and been staying social which is keeping me busy. Happy to meet you as well and yep us therapists are around every corner yet we all have different skills to keep it interesting. Hope you too are have a great week. : )

• Mage

Hey Andrea! That is good that your work is steady and that you have time for social events! 😎 One of my goals is to do that; I tend to work too much! 😆 That is true–my RMT friend told me about different techniques, and it's crazy how much she knows about the body. I feel so behind in that! 😂 Thumbtack leads are picking up exponentially for me; I found that responding to opportunities caused me to rank higher. I am also changing my targeting preferences strategy. I hope that everything is going well on your end too! 😀