When I don’t get hired for a job

Options

I would find it very helpful if there would be a way for me to see if my lead hired someone else. Of course, I wouldn’t be able to see who of my competition they hired, neither am I interested, but I would find it so helpful to see whether my potential client completely gave up on the idea of hiring someone or decided to go with someone else. If every time I don’t get the job I see they went with my competition I would then reevaluate my profile, my photos, my approach on how to respond, etc. as opposed to finding out they just checked out Thumbtack among other platforms or it was just an idea they gave up in the process of their inquiry, or…or…or In that case I would know what I do is working, the leads just lost interest.

Comments

• Theresa
    Theresa Posts: 48
    Options

@Olasbusiness22

If a customer hired a different Thumbtack pro, you would see a message that they hired another pro under their name in the Messages tab. You would be surprised at how many customers don't hire anyone. These are good follow ups.

• AR2i
    AR2i Posts: 19
    Options

I hear you @Olasbusiness22 ! You would get the notification that the customer chose a different Pro, that's providing the winning Pro changes the status of the lead from Pending to Job Confirmed, Job Done, or Not Hired. Not everyone make these changes, even when they win the lead. Are you changing the status of each lead you get? And, unfortunately, there are tons of people just looking around and never responding to any of the pros they reached out to. Which is sad. Are you reaching out to the lead off of Thumbtack (email, call, and/or text)??? This might help you win the lead. I usually win the lead via text/call. If I get a message back from a lead that says they hired someone else, I go back onto Thumbtack and change the status to Not Hired and then archive the lead. This gets them out of my messages area. Keeps me focused on who I am working on and who I need to keep following up on. I hope this helps 😀

• Sherry6
    Options

I make these changes to my status with every lead. This is helpful information to the new TT users.