Direct Leads

Options

Greetings Team!

I've noticed that Thumbtack will give a Direct Lead just to subtract money out of my account, without me getting the assignment. Have any of you experienced this? Also, I get tons of house cleaning leads (inside cleaning) which I am not interested in at all. How do I get Pressure washing leads only? Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,654
    Options

Hi @Biblical30 I took a look at your account and I don't see any interior cleaning leads — are you talking about direct leads or opportunities? You can read about the difference here — but basically those "opportunities" are jobs that are outside of your preferences that you may be interested in, but you are not charged for those opportunities unless you reach out to the customer and they respond to you.

As far as when you are charged for direct leads you can read about that here, but you are charged as soon as the customer picks you and reaches out to you and then it is up to you to communicate with the customer and win the lead.

Hope this helps, and there are lots of really great resources in the Help Center, too!

• Biblical30
    Options

Greetings, thank you for your response. I do not want any interior cleaning, and I do not know how to take it off. Also, I only get a "Direct Lead" when it's time for Thunbtack to charge me. (I only want messages concerning Pressure Washing). Please advise.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,654
    Options

You can just ignore the "opportunities" - I don't think there is a way to stop seeing those, but you can simply choose to pass on all of those. You can just focus on your direct leads. You can turn off all the notifications for "opportunities" in your notification settings.

Please read through this article about your targeting preferences for help making sure you have your preferences set to get the right direct leads. You currently have these 3 services set up, you'll need to remove Roof cleaning and Commercial cleaning if you don't want to offer those services. Please consult the Help Center as there is a wealth of information there on all of these topics. Thanks!