Non licensed pros

Options

Why does thumbtack allow non licensed people to advertise for services that require a county and or state license?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,630
    Options

@Average_joe1 License rules and regulations vary from state to state (and often from county to county) and Thumbtack isn't able to verify all license types in all areas. For this and other reasons we always encourage customers to verify licensing where licensing is required (we encourage customers to verify insurance as well). When I personally am hiring a pro, I always look for the license and if I don't see it, I ask the pro to verify — and I am sure you stand out when customers are looking, not only because of you over 100 5-star reviews (AMAZING), but also because you have your licenses and certificates listed!

• Average_joe1
    Options

as of late people more and more are just “shopping” for price and when I’m competing against those without a license and charge less than industry standard because they are Johnny handyman.

• Average_joe1
    Options

You are very hostile and probably need to check yourself no one cares if you’re a female a male or and xyzlmnop. But in my case im a qualified company with qualified technicians. Who I pay a very nice amount of money. Thumbtack is one of many different ways I use to book work. But when the customer has 5,10+ different option yo select from on the field we advertise it gets bet frustrating to have to pay for the lead and see that they choose to hear from 4,5 different pros when you know that the all others are not actually licensed companies let alone licensed individuals that’s why they can advertise your cheaper. Not to mention now thumbtack is requiring you accept instance booking which hole advisor did and after they book and you contract to make sure they understand pricing well more than likely cancel because handy man bob or handy women Karen will do it for less