Introducing Mage

Mage
Mage Posts: 114
  • What is your name? Mage
  • What is the name of the studio you work at? Mage Music
  • What type of lessons do you offer? Guitar, Piano, Voice, Electric Bass – also theory, home recording, and composition/songwriting
  • Are you teaching remotely, in-person, or a blend? Remotely
  • What are your biggest challenges right now? Filling some of my group classes and finding ideal students who would like to practice and study privately.

Comments

• Mage
    Mage Posts: 114

Update: Since I haven’t seen anyone introduce themselves, I figured that I would respond to my own thread to let you know what has happened since the last time I posted; I don’t want to clutter the community of course! 😆

It’s been almost a year since my post! I have actually made some changes to my business and realized a few things:

⭐️ I prefer teaching one-on-one (I’ve known this for a long time!).

⭐️ I wouldn’t mind doing one group class, but I plan to invest in additional certification for the program Music for Young Children: https://www.myc.com/teaching-at-myc/how-to-get-started/ . I feel that doing one group class like this each week will attract the kinds of students that I wish to teach (more on that at the last paragraph).

⭐️ I hope to expand my asynchronous teaching opportunities by continuing to offer the Basic plan to prospective students. This eliminates scheduling issues with clients so that they can still receive personalized service from me; the lessons that I tailor make for them will be delivered via the Tonara Studio platform.

🌟For students who wish to study with me via live recurring time slots (1 hour almost every week of the year–I teach 44 weeks of the year), they must practice daily (6-7 days per week) and participate in evaluation programs such as the Royal Conservatory Certificate program. Students who wish to have a more “casual learning approach” can go on the Basic plan that I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

❓My question to those whose industry is music education (or those with experience on branding and marketing–BTW love the recent Thumbtack workshops ❤️) is how can I better set my profile and/or targeting preferences so that I get more of the types of students I want? How can highly qualified teachers such as myself attract good students?

🙏🏽 Thank you, and I wish the best of success to everyone. If anyone needs help with how to set up an amazing teaching environment online, I can totally help with that! 😎