Instant Bookings

Options

With the introduction of Instant Bookings, what effect does this have on you staying with Thumbtack or moving to another referral site?

Instant Bookings 25 votes

I will stay with TT and use instant bookings
4%
MIKings3 1 vote
I do not like the instant bookings feature
48%
Michelle_JorgensenModern_designer11Tarkuschilogm1MattallenrobbersonSilverLiningCleaningLucas_2671Key1JMusselmanJuneJimmySix 12 votes
Plan to delete my TT account and find another one
48%
GrabinskiandSonsMRM_ServicesAdrienneDrewL03Pro2326DarrinBrysonCristianSspotlessAlexPGenovaElectricAZJeff_jtv2020 12 votes

Comments

• Bryson
    Bryson Posts: 6
    Options

I'm about one more bad instant booking away from turning off services for good and throwing all my money at Angi Leads.

Anyone know of any other similar site to move to?

• CristianS
    Options

I am in the same boat - from unlimited budget - to shutting down my profile and going with another provider - or use that $$ with google PPC or local ads , or others apps similar to Thumbtack. This obligation to use insta book is a desperate move - needs to be optional

• Bryson
    Options

I have not deleted my account yet, but the forced instant bookings and lack of help from support to refund me has prompted me to reduce my budget and set up an account with two other lead generation services.

I’m staying on thumbtack for now with the hope that they will listen to our complaints and remove this feature soon

• Michelle_Jorgensen
    Options

I am planning our future without TT in it because of this new feature. I haven't received any leads since this began and it's been 2 weeks. Something is wrong and I've called 3 times. This just isn't right.

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

It has for sure inspired me to look at other options, which I should do more often, but when TT was working well, it was amazing. For now I will be staying with TT, and turning off the Instant Book feature (they say I can turn it off when it is forced on November 6th for my industry). If I CANT turn it off, then I am not sure what I will be doing.

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

Update, turns out the rep I spoke with wasn’t informed enough to know that I would have to be a part of this instant book debacle. So unfortunate.

• Key1
    Key1 Posts: 3
    Options

The instant bookings are extremely high. A $250 job is being charged $80 and $90. I've also spoke to customers that claimed they are being forced to use instant booking because they see no other options, so they book to ask questions, but I'm charged, it's a nightmare. Then I have to wait 2-3 business days to see if Thumbtack is going to refund or they refund at the end of the week. I have an $80 charge now from a customer that didn't know she booked and I'm waiting for Thumbtack. I was given a refund quickly for one client and not from another as of yet but same situation, it's rediculous.

• structuralguy65
    Options

@Bryson stay a million miles away from Angi Leads. They are under a consent order with the Federal Trade Commission for ripping off contractors. They had to fund a $10 million compensation/recovery fund. From which, I am proud to say, I just received my compensation check.

CraftJack seems to be a little bit more like ThumbTack, but their leads are twice as expensive and twice as poor. However they are much much easier to deal with when it comes to getting refunds for poor leads.

• Bryson
    Options

structuralguy65 How do I get a compensation check? I’ve been with them for several years

• structuralguy65
    structuralguy65 Posts: 31
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Bryson You need to file one complaint on the FTC's portal for every instance where Angi broke one of the 5 or 6 tenets of their consent agreement. And the check comes very quick. Less than 3 weeks. So if you got burned 30 times over them breaking one of the 5 or 6 rules, you have submit 30 complaints, with detail. The way the FTC set it up, you get about 30 bucks for every bad lead.

• June
    June Posts: 1
    Options

I am going thru the same thing with this new instant booking. Instead of making money I feel like I am moving backwards because of instant booking. Has any one figure out how to make it work properly. I left Angie’s list to join thumbtack and now I feel I might have to go back. Smh