Refunds!

Options

I am tired of being charged for insta books that are supposed to be guaranteed booking jobs and the clients canceling well thumbtack refuses to issue a refund. not to mention the cost of the instabook! I paid $178 for a two bedroom move that will probably take only four hours. Meaning I’m only walking away with $200 still happen to pay a partner meaning it’s only $100 job for me. Then the client canceled and Thumbtack says it is not eligible for a refund because it wasnt within 15 minutes. If I paid for a guaranteed job, I expect to get the job or thumbtack needs to reimburse, especially when the client cancels and not the pro.

Comments

• Pro2326
    Options

It’s absolutely ludicrous!

I walked myself through as a Potential Customer and there is no way to reach out to a pro and inquire about services or send a lead like they use to now when a customer goes to a pros page and they force you to do Insta book. There is no way to just inquire about services anymore so either the customer gives up because they don’t want to put in all their personal information which means less business for us and less leads and the ones that do finish the questionnaire to the end they don’t even want to book they’re only inquiring about services and I’m paying $150-$350 per lead. What’s even worse is they give you 15 minutes for the customer to cancel so I have to call the customer in a rush get down to the point tell them either book my job send me a deposit or cancel and I have to say this all respectively in 15 minutes or I’m out $350. a customer cancel in 20 minutes and they wouldn’t refund my money..

I honestly I’m gonna have to come off this platform. I can’t even make a living with these new policies. After I pay the lead, put money in my truck and pay my workers I come out with nothing!

I don’t understand the logic of Thumbtack, other of then them screwing over the pros like they always have been doing this is another level.

• Derek
    Derek Posts: 1
    Options

@Shields_Care_88 @Pro2326 im going to look into this. I think it’s a matter of more than just leaving the platform. They have a system set up to where it js all automated and there is no one to answer the phone. Refunds aren’t being given back within their own policy. Definitely needs to be investigated. Everything I’ve stated only false either unless it’s fixed and pros are being helped by actual people.

• Jokatech
    Jokatech Posts: 2
    Options

It's good to see others understand what I've been going through. I complained to them countless times about these stupid policies, and after promising to look into improvement, they have actually made them worse, as if they want to lose supporters. It's the age of the Idiot though. I also notice it is exponentially harder to get communication directly to them at this point. They don't want to hear anything. I'm hoping to start my own platform.