Making sure I get my prepaid lead funds back when I deactivate Thumbtack

Options

I am closing my business, and I need to deactivate Thumbtack. I understand the simple process to deactivate my account. But it doesn't pop up any dialog box saying that my pre-paid balance will be refunded to me, so I am not sure if I have to do something special to get that back before I deactivate.

I had Thumbtack set up to charge my credit card $300 at a time when I ran out of funds. My last lead cost just barely over the amount of funds I had, so it charged the $300, but only used less than $2 for the lead, and now I still have $298.44 setting there. Can I get some assurance that I will get the funds back when I deactivate my account?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

@TopChum please reach out to support, as I am not able to help with refunds. Here is the support contact info:

• Support hours are Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm MST
    • Phone support is available by calling 866-501-5809
    • Text support is available by texting 415-299-6398
    • Chat support is available to pros when you login to your Thumbtack account
    • Email support is available by emailing support@thumbtack.com
  • TopChum
    Options

Well, I don't like how there's no actual phone support. I called and after entering my account phone number it said "Your interaction will continue via SMS messaging. Good bye."

I think I'm going to try the email first, since I'd prefer that to text messages.