How do I turn off On-Site Estimates?

Options

For some reason my profile lists I will be doing an on-site estimate, and I rarely do any sort of on site visit before I start the job. I don't want customers to think I will be coming to their property 150+ miles away to bid on a job. Any luck turning this off, I don't see any check box listed where this is even an option?

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

@DustiO Any insight on this would be amazing.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,630
    Options

@Matt so sorry for the delay! I have sent your feedback to the team re: Onsite Estimates. There is not a way to turn that feature off, but I would suggest using your availability settings to give yourself enough time to chat with customers about doing a virtual consult/estimate (or whatever it is you typically do for estimates on projects). I would also recommend making sure that your initial message sent after bookings includes information about how YOU do estimates. Also, if you can send feedback around why Onsite Estimates may not work for your category (but maybe a "virtual estimate" or "phone estimate" would) could you send that via email to support@thumbtack.com to be sure it gets logged under your account? THANK YOU!

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,630
    Options

@Matt here's where you can edit that outgoing message before you confirm your Onsite Estimates. Meant to attach this to the earlier comment!

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

@DustiO Thank you! I have sent emails to support@ but never heard if they received or logged it so it feels like a black hole, but I will continue to send them over!

• structuralguy65
    Options

@Matt the whole on-site estimate thing appears to have been dreamed up by someone that thinks the entire service market can't function without going to the property first. It is just plain silly to think an on-site estimate is needed for a $600 job. Just ridiculous.