[Video] Watch our first AMA with a Community Leader!

DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,562
edited April 2021 in Inspiration

We had our first ever pro lead Ask Me Anything yesterday with Roger (@perrysto), a Community Leader and Thumbtack Pro. Watch the recording to hear his experiences and advice for running a successful business.

Roger answered the following questions that were submitted by pros [Timestamps provided if you want to skip to those questions]:

1. [1:48] I've been struggling with marketing, that is, creating repeat business. I get lots of positive feedback, but can't seem to keep my book filled the way I'd like to. Any tips??
  2. [4:14] How did you find a balance between growth and quality? One of the things I struggle with, besides marketing, is that I've built this business on my reputation of the kind of bodywork I provide. I want to grow and expand, and hire, but I don't know how I would convince current or new clients that someone else I bring on will provide the same quality of care they have come to expect…
  3. [9:01] As an artist, I am interested in how you are creating events, arts, and community space–will there be a virtual component to this too? I've been finding it more challenging to connect with my community due to the pandemic, so I have been doing a lot of online stuff. Do you have any idea how to balance or marry the two?
  4. [16:49] What do you think is the key to closing a lead and booking a job?
  5. [20:56] Do you have any advice for pros on how to get quality reviews?
  6. [25:27] Do you have any processes for collecting reviews after you have done a job?
  7. [29:40] How have you thought outside the box and used the pandemic to creatively [re-]strategize?
  8. [34:15] When did you know it was time to pivot/re-strategize and how did you decide what direction to move in?

If you have any more questions for Roger, feel free to drop them in the comments!