Why are phone numbers being hidden for direct leads?

Options

I had a lead yesterday that I responded to with my quick reply in less than a minute, and 20 minutes later I go into the app to text the client, and the phone number was hashed out, and I had no way of reaching them. Then later it shows the client hired another pro. Is this a bug, or is this a new policy when the client hires another pro?

@DustiO

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

@Matt I am not sure what the answer is, but finding out and will update here!

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

Thank you! I went and checked the other leads that hired someone else and I still have access to the phone numbers.

• DustiO
    Options

Confirmed with the team that if a customer hires another pro their number will get blocked out. I'm not sure if this is new/update or if the other customers just didn't officially mark another pro as hired, though.

• Matt
    Options

Hmm, when I look back at the other referrals that hired other pros, I can still see the numbers. It would actually be nice to be able to still see the numbers regardless, if they hired somebody else since we are paying for that lead.

• DustiO
    Options

I agree that would be nice! According to the team this isn't new, so it's weird that it hasn't happened before! I wonder if it is because they didn't officially mark the other pro as hired?

• Matt
    Options

I think I figured out the difference, if I put the job as not hired I can still see the number. When the client does it the number hashes out. I still think that is not fair to the pro, but seems to be what Thumbtack does :/