Thumbtack Invites Trolls

Options

I have been a Pro member for over 3 years. It seems that even thought I have spoke in depth with Thumbtack regarding fake leads and solutions, they have refused to address this even though promising to do so.

Years ago, I bid on an eBay item and did not follow the bidding. Weeks later, it turns out I was the final bidder and was supposed to have purchased. I had no idea, and did not need the item. I was then banned for 7 years from using eBay. That was very strict, but it was effective. Here on Thumbtack, I use this platform in between my regular job and aim to make money. We are forced to line their pockets for leads. However, 80% of the time, I get some trolling kid that pretends to want a service, asks some idiotic question, and then darts off in to the woods. I get charged for the lead, and the process repeats. I end up paying weekly before I get an actual job that is needed to get out of the hole. That is not profitable business, and it is annoying.

Why has Thumbtack done nothing to deter this behavior? If I have to pay for leads, I need to know that the person on the other side is forced to be serious to some degree. It is the age of Trolls. They have to be more than proactive to account for these idiots today.