Anyone having problems talking or chatting to a TT Rep?

Options

Anyone having problems talking or chatting to a TT Rep? Been trying since 1-9 and finding texts / chats don't get answered and no Rep live #s.

I had an Instant Booking cancel after just 2 days and charged 40.00.

Are we required to take these Instant now?

Can we opt out? For we don't have a large budget for adv that fall apart fast.

Thanx, Bob with EnergyHELP

443-608-9674

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

@HELP here is all of the support info, in case you haven't tried some of these options:

• Support hours are Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm MST
    • Phone support is available by calling 866-501-5809.
    • Text support is available by texting 415-299-6398.
    • Chat support is available to you when you login to your Thumbtack account
    • Email support is available by emailing support@thumbtack.com

To answer your Instant Book question - yes, it is mandatory. You can play around with your availability settings to control when you want to get bookings. You can also change your max lead price and set it to a price you feel comfortable paying.

I would also advise making sure you edit your outgoing message that goes to customers when they book you, if you want to add any follow up information there. And, you can now reschedule bookings through the app if needed. We also just posted this series of very short videos with some FAQs and tips for Instant Book. Hope this helps!

• HELP
    HELP Posts: 3
    Options

Thanx for responding DustiO, I was starting to think that TT was no longer after the 1st. Bob

• HELP
    HELP Posts: 3
    Options

DustiO , While I have your ear, is the Instant Booking to do Work? or to do an Estimate for the Work?

I am confused for the time-slot point to doing the Work / Job. AS this, "Customers can only book you for jobs that start and end within set hours." Thanx Again, Bob

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

It depends on your category - some categories have booking for "On-site estimates" and others have booked jobs. I looked at your account - you can see it in your services tab - and your services are both "On-site estimate" categories.

You can watch this series of short videos that explains the differences and some tools for success using Instant book!

• RDCushing
    Options

Thumbtack 2: The Sequel - The Seach for More Money (at YOUR expense!)

• RDCushing
    RDCushing Posts: 11
    Options

@DustiO My business model does not lend itself to the use of "Instant Booking" and never will. However, I feel that businesses such as mine, which don't use or want to use Instant Booking, are being discriminated against in the algorithms that manage the business processes of Thumbtack 2.0. It could be my imagination, however. It is more likely whatever changes underly the very apparent "search for more money" in the new Thumbtack. (I was delighted with Thumbtack for 3+ years, so this change is very disconcerting to me and is driving me to take my promotional efforts elsewhere.)

• mncraftmod
    mncraftmod Posts: 1
    edited April 26
    Options

I can totally relate to your frustration. I've been experiencing the same issue trying to get in touch with a TT rep. It's disheartening when texts and chats seem to go unanswered, and there are no live reps available by phone.

Regarding your situation with the Instant Booking, it sounds like a real setback. I'm sorry to hear about the cancellation and the unexpected charge. I'm wondering the same thing – are we now required to take these Instant bookings? And is there any way to opt out? Like you, I don't have a huge budget for advertising that falls apart quickly.<a href="https://capcutapkapp.com"></a>

If you find any solutions or get any helpful advice, I'd love to hear about it. Hang in <a href="https://mncraftrmod.com">there</a> 

y solutions or get any helpful advice, I'd love tt. Hang in there!