When is an event not an event?

Options

So I got charged $34 for a lead on my Portland, OR videography account.

The lead was for videography of a quinceañera. A quinceañera in an event, much like a wedding or a birthday party. The lead should have been listed under "Wedding and Event Videography". The job poster didn't know that and listed it under "Videography".

I requested a refund and got denied. The email response said "You were charged for this lead because it matches your travel, job and availability preferences. ".

But it doesn't.

"Wedding and Event Videography" is a separate Service on the platform from "Videography". I have to eat the $34 because the system isn't properly guiding the job poster to the correct category?

Why doesn't the platform have an AI driven pop up when someone types certain key words like "wedding", "married", "ceremony", "reception", "birthday", "party", "quinceañera"? Have the pop-up say "It looks like you want an event filmed. We suggest that you post this under Wedding and Event Videography." - with a link to move the posting over to the correct category.

Thumbtack as a business seems to really lack human intuition when it comes to serving their PAYING customers, the Pros. But as a platform it also lacks computing power when it comes to using modern tools to direct the job poster to the correct path.