Your feedback in action

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,630
edited January 29 in Community News

Here in the Community, we strive to foster a spirit of “building together.” While we continuously meet with our Pro Advisory Board to help us keep our fingers on the pulse of how the Thumbtack platform is working for pros, we’re also focused on engaging with pros here in the Community — and improving your experience with Thumbtack. With that in mind, we wanted to share some updates based on what we have been hearing from pros like you over the last few months.

Here’s what we heard:

• Customers don’t always understand the booking process
  • Booking prices can be expensive
  • Managing availability can be difficult
  • I’m not being booked for the right next step
  • Customers aren’t committed enough

Thanks to pros like you sharing your feedback and experiences, our teams have been able to build a roadmap of updates that will improve the Thumbtack experience for pros and customers. Here’s what we’re prioritizing for this half:

• Better aligning lead pricing with the job value
  • Giving customers a clearer path to message vs book, based on their needs and level of intent
  • Improving customer booking comprehension so that they better understand what a booking entails
  • Increasing pro satisfaction and customer comprehension through category level improvements
  • Testing ways to increase customer commitment when booking
  • Launching more integrations to help you better manage your availability
  • Improving booking availability features to give you more flexibility

Keep checking the Community for more specific updates as they roll out. And, please, keep sharing your feedback.

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

Thanks @DustiO Is there any chance they are going to enable 2FA for customers seeking Pro's?

• DustiO
    Options

@Matt this post is mostly referring to what we're working on specifically re: Instant Book, but as soon as I hear of any updates like 2FA or any rollouts of the above points I will for sure post here in the Community!

• KesXcent
    KesXcent Posts: 4
    Options

@DustiO I would love to connect with the advisory board about the service community here on thumbtack. Thumbtack is one of the only platforms that has a space for travel agents to meet clients. However, there are things that need to be improved to help both pros and clients find the right agents. I've been asking for specific things for quite some time but not sure its being heard since travel agents and other services outside of homecare are not really being marketed. I think that does a disservice to thumbtack as well as they are not differentiating themselves in the market on what they offer compared to angies list or taskrabbit. None of those offer travel agents to people

• DustiO
    Options

@KesXcent I love that you want to get more involved, thank you! We are working on a suggestion box feature here in the Community, but in the meantime I would recommend you continue sending your category specific feedback to support@thumbtack.com to be sure it's getting logged under you/your category.

Also, some of our Pro Advisory Board members regularly join our CommuniTEA sessions if you want to connect with them!

• chimney
    chimney Posts: 3
    Options

I was really hoping the update would allow us to get leads without mandatory instant booking , but that does not seem in the works , in fact it looks like the roadmap is doubling down on instant booking - so i guess i will remain shut off -

• Jeff_jtv2020
    Options

Instant book is way over priced I mount TVs this is the first week in months I turn on my marketing I got 1 lead which is an instant book that cost $71.00 on a job that I charge $170 which say high value job lol after cost of gas materials and the monkey wrench instant book throws in my schedule I clear $40 this is why me and a lot of other pros have stop dumping money for leads to this site. Not to mention the joke of a refund policy. At least give us an On/Off switch for instant book so we can have control of our schedules and stop being forced fed over priced leads that only benefit thumbtack. Do better thumbtack and before you say you can adjust your lead prices when you turn it down the leads stop.