Thumbtack Refunds Denied Even though Job isn’t in the area

Options

I use to have no problem getting refunds approved from thumbtack. I use to be able to screen shot conversations and submit to Thumbtack Support. The last time I tried they told me I need to submit the conversations on thumbtack messenger first before requesting a refund. I did that yesterday with 6 leads - all of those leads stated that they were not looking for online coaching and only wanted in person. Based on their policy - THE JOB WOULDN'T MATCH MY PREFERENCE BECAUSE OF OF THE DISTANCE. My refund request was denied DESPITE showing proof of the customer saying they wanted in person services.

Apparently now they can only accept refunds if the customer states it directly on the app - text messages aren’t approved!!

90% of the time customers don’t even respond on the app, let alone texts!

why am I not being refunded when I’m clearly showing proof that I cannot service a job?

thumbtack is becoming a scam and does not care at all for their Pros.

see attached screen shots

Comments

• Theresa
    Theresa Posts: 48
    Options

@Abriggs

Hi. Did you put the screenshot in the Thumbtack conversation? I can't tell from your attachments

• Abriggs
    Abriggs Posts: 7
    Options

Yes, I did and they are saying they no longer accept screenshots and need the customer to say it on thumbtack and not message. But the customers don’t even check thumbtack!!

• Theresa
    Theresa Posts: 48
    Options

@Abriggs

That's crazy especially when we are advised to use their phone number to contact t them if they don't come back to the app to read our message.

Yikes this is getting BAD.

• Abriggs
    edited February 16
    Options

@Theresa They are doing everything to stop refunds. I contacted the better business bureau today so they should be hearing from them soon. You should see what the rep I spoke to today told me. I’ll attach it to screenshots now. this exact thing happened to another friend of mine who’s using thumbtack and now they deactivated her account too.

• Dirtyware
    Dirtyware Posts: 2
    Options

Something similar just happened to me. I just woke up to being charged $190 overnight at 4AM for a random booking lead that got canceled. I suppose my maximum budget carried over to the next week. I requested a refund for the false booking and was denied. Now i have a tab of $196 with no benefits. Thumbtack i beed my money back or i am going to a different platform. This is basically scamming.. i need to speak to a manager

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,630
    Options

@Dirtyware I'm sorry you had this experience, definitely not ideal. The team is working on some various ways to increase customer commitment and understanding and some different approaches to improving the experience with refunds - so watch the Community for updates. In the meantime, I would recommend lowering your Max Lead Price, as you currently have it set as high as it will go.

• DustiO
    Options

I also noticed the conversation above this last comment - and I know I addressed it in another thread, but must have missed it here. This was incorrect and you can still currently send in screenshots - this was a misunderstanding by the agent and they have received further training around the issue. Hopefully y'all saw it in the other thread, though!

• Abriggs
    Options

@DustiO I requested management to reach out to me and they did and they said the same thing the agent said. They voiced that the conversation needs to happen on thumbtack, however I can’t guarantee a client to respond back on thumbtack and there have been times where I have asked the customer if they can respond back on thumbtack and voice the same thing they expressed via text ( that they don’t want online coaching) and they don’t. So the only option I have left is screen shots.

This has happened with the last FOUR agents I spoke to and a manager!

feel free to email me trainwithalessia@gmail.com

• Dirtyware
    Dirtyware Posts: 2
    Options

this happened just this morning. I am still trying to figure out how to get a refund or i will have to report to my bank and move to the different platform.

• DustiO
    Options

@Abriggs I am not seeing any customer support calls/emails/chats since February. Have you reached out via a different phone number or email address?

• Abriggs
    Options

I haven’t submitted anything since then. I actually completely limited my normal weekly budget of $300 since then because it left a bad taste in my mouth.

The manager conversation happened via email. I’ll post the thread below. @DustiO

• DustiO
    Options

These don't have the dates, so I am not able to look. The last contact I can see is from February, after the agent/team was trained for this error. If it occurred after this, please let me know.

• DustiO
    Options

Oops, sorry I didn't see the message above that - the team was trained after this occurred and you shouldn't run into this issue again - if you do, let me know! Thank you!

• Abriggs
    Options

@DustiO thank you! Can you clarify what they have been trained on in case I need to refer back to this chat with one of your agents? Are you guys accepting screenshots of texts via agent chat or does it need to be submitted on the app?

• DustiO
    Options

That we do still accept screenshots of text threads — you are able to submit screenshots, however, they absolutely have to show the customer's phone number in the screenshots (and it also depends on what is in the screenshots that you are submitting, so be sure it has the relevant information in it).

• DustiO
    Options

I'm not sure if it can go in the text thread with the agent, or if it needs to be submitted with the refund request, but if possible I'd recommend submitting with the original request.