Bad Leads in Completely Different State

Options

I used Thumbtack in the past and never had a problem with this before but just yesterday I turned on my preferences and was charged $83 for two leads both in completely different states! I live in Maryland so there’s no way I am traveling to Massachusetts, 3 days a week to see a client for personal training. I asked for a refund and was refused. That is rediculous. I will never be using this service again unless they can do the right thing and refund what they owe me. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    edited March 7
    Options

@fitlowecoaching I took a look and it seems like it was denied, because you have "offers remote services" enabled and both of these customers selected that this could be done remotely. Did they let you know that they didn't want remote services, but wanted only in person in their state? And did they do that via the messenger or in a text, by chance?

Once you unhide your business I would recommend turning off the remote services so you don't run into this, or you can put something in your title like "Maryland Only - Physical Therapy, Weight Loss, Geriatric Exercise" - I've talked to a lot of pros who offer remote services, but get requests like this from time to time and this seems to help weed out people who want a local person. Hope this helps!