Adding a Payment Method

Options

I recently removed my current payment method for a couple of months, as a precautionary measure, because I was busy and wouldn't be using Thumbtack for that time. Now I'm trying to add my credit card back to my account and the site won't accept ANY of my credit cards. I've tried three different cards, including two I've used before and one I haven't. The cards are all paid up, and Google has verified each card, but the app keeps showing me prompts that the cards can't be verified (see attachments). I've tried contacting TT support 4 or 5 times, and tried the chat room, but the chat room replied that I was to try again during business hours, when IT WAS BUSINESS HOURS! I've gotten only automated replies to my messages that only explain how to add a payment method and don't actually address the issue. Also, the app shows that I need to "Make a Payment" in order to bid on any jobs, but I actually have a TT balance of about $9 OWED TO ME! This is very frustrating and no one at Thumbtack is replying to me. To put it nicely, what the actual heck? So…HELLO! IS ANYBODY THERE???

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

@arvtoon I will see what I can find out for you and let you know!

• DustiO
    Options

NVM! It looks like you've already gotten this issue resolved. Let me know if you need anything else!

• arvtoon
    arvtoon Posts: 7
    Options

Through ny experience with this problem, I discovered I was trying to add my payment method back in using Google Chrome as my browser. I switched my browser to Firefox and was able to add and remove my payment method at will. Clearing your cookies helps too. Good luck!

• DustiO
    edited April 25
    Options

@joejoseph let me know if you are able to try @arvtoon's suggestion and whether or not it works. If it doesn't then I can see if I can dig a little deeper (I am at a conference right now, so I am not able to respond as quickly as usual!) I would also recommend submitting a bug report just in case! You can do that here.

• DustiO
    Options

And @arvtoon thank you for the tip!