Lack of Leads

Options

I have not gotten a single lead since October 2, 2023. I may have had my profile as unviewable for a few of these months, but I believe the majority of the time I have been viewable. I received Top Pro in 2021 and then everything seemed to go downhill after this. I have great reviews, respond very quickly, and have a fully filled out profile. The number one company showing in my area is literally a horrible company, their profile is incoherent, and their reviews everywhere but on Thumbtack are 2 stars. I don't understand how we are not one of the top pros any longer, nor why we don't get any leads at all.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

Hi @NextLevelChimneys you'll. need to make sure you have targeting turned on in order to show in search results — whenever you turn that off and then back on it's going to negatively impact your ranking. If you don't want to show up in search results for a certain time period (like your schedule is full, you're on vacation, or you just want to take am break from Thumbtack), I'd recommend using the hide my business feature instead of turning off targeting. From what I can see, it looks like you had targeting turned off from September through mid-february.

I would also look at your availability - I took a quick look and it appears like your calendar is completely full and/or blocked for most days. If you have more than one technician, so you're able to take on more jobs at one time you can change that in your availability settings (I think you can do up to 6) - you currently have it set at only one, and with a full calendar, this could likely be the reason you aren't getting any leads. Hopefully this makes sense and helps!

If you're able to update those settings, I'd wait a couple of days and see if things pick up. Let me kow if they don't and we can see if we can dig a little deeper. Thanks!

• NextLevelChimneys
    edited April 17
    Options

Like you stated, targeting is on but I haven't gotten any leads. I also literally just changed the direct booking info this week and yes we do have a few large jobs that are taking up the next week, and then a work trip a few days later. So I can only get leads when I am less than a few days booked out?

The direct booking doesn't take into consideration where my techs are going to be or how many are scheduled on the one job that is on the books, so I cannot open multiple spots. If all my guys are on the one job (which they are), the system does not recognize this since it is just one appointment.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

You can also select how much advance notice you want for bookings and how far out people can book you in those settings. We're working on improvements in the availability features so keep your eyes peeled for those too!