Settings

Hello I have a issue with the location services I’m not in TN and a keep receiving clients I’m in NY city I only provide services around NY and Ct

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,746

@Vianca_beauty I wanted to take a look at your settings, but it looks like there is an open survey when you log in, that I am not able to bypass. If you want to log in and take that and let me know, then I can take a look. But as a guess, I would recommend making sure you check your travel preferences and make sure you do not have "offers remote services" checked, because that may be why.

• Fanfare
    Fanfare Posts: 1

why am I getting charged for leads i did not pick nor respond to?? how do I change that? I want to hear what and where the job is and then decide if I want the lead! I haven't even started yet and have been charged almost $80!

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,746

Hi @Fanfare and sorry for the late reply. You can read about how leads work in this article, but in a nutshell:

By setting your targeting preferences, you tell us the types of jobs you want. Your preferences also let us know where and when you want to work. (So be sure you have your targeting preferences set to exactly the types of jobs you want to do.)

We'll send you direct leads (leads that match your targeting preferences) and you seal the deal with the customer. Because these leads match your preferences, you pay for them automatically.

If you don't want to show up in search results where customers can see you and pick you (and where you'll pay directly), you'll need to turn off targeting for all of your categories. Then you can just utilize your "opportunities" tab where you can see customers who still may be looking for a pro to do their job and you won't pay anything unless the customers respond to you. However, these are customers who have already reached out to the pros they liked from their search, or they may be jobs that are slightly outside of your preferences and the response rate for these is pretty low. (You can read more about this in the article I linked above too).

Also be sure that you set your max lead prices and budget to where you are comfortable.

Hope this helps!