Sudden drop in leads

valeriiadiaba
valeriiadiaba Posts: 2
edited July 19 in Network and Collaborate

It's been over 3 weeks now and the leads have dropped significantly, I read that people had this problem in the past but I only see someone from thumbtack will DM them and not really an answer I can draw a conclusion from. Something very interesting tho is my last 4 clients shared that it was impossible for them to message me or get in touch with me in any way through thumbtack after numerous tryings. Is my account restricted in any way? They will text me directly on my phone. I am sure in the back end things can be manipulated I just can't figure why would that be happening, the only reason for my thoughts (as crazy as they seem) is because I haven't changed anything in the settings of my profile to cause the sudden drop in leads. My ranking has been hectic too, I've been moved from top 3 to being on the bottom of the search page. All the hard work and dedication to provide the best customer service and experience through my work just like many others we chose to be part of Thumbtack but sometimes it feels like Thumbtack is ignoring the Professionals on their platform. I have a close friend with another type of business also with a profile on Thumbtack (which I recommend her 5 years ago to open) also started to experience the same sudden lead drop in combination with clients telling her it's impossible not difficult to reach her out via thumbtack so they go with direct text message on her phone. So that brings the thought of how many people give up and try to reach someone else or just try another form of communication with the Pro they've selected to work with.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,746

Hi @valeriiadiaba and thank you for posting here - I will see if I can help with some of this! I took a look at your account and right off the bat I saw a few things that may help:

• You may want to try lowering your Max Lead Prices as in some categories you have them set at the maximum amount, while your weekly budget is set pretty low - so this may be causing you to spend your budget really quickly with only 1 or 2 leads and then you wouldn't show up in customers' search results. You aren't locked into those prices or budgets for any time period - meaning you can play around with it for a week or two and see how it goes, maybe that will make a difference!
    • As far as ranking goes, you have a really great response time and great reviews. I would recommend adding new photos and new featured projects, as well as replying to some reviews - as sometimes that can help with ranking. You could also bump up your Max Lead Prices in the categories where it is really low (even if just by a little bit) as that can also help boost your ranking.
    • The customers who are having trouble reaching you may have not dowloaded the Thumbtack app and I think it makes it a little more cumbersome for them to reach back out if they have to do it on the web versus in the app. However, if they have downloaded the app and they still aren't able to reach you I would recommend that they file a bug report. I can't see anything that would indicate that there is anything wrong on your end.

I hope this helps! But let me know if you have any more questions!

• Will go over these suggestions and let you know, thank you!

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,746

You are welcome - and I hope it does help!