Very disappointed in what thumbtack has become

We've been on thumbtack for almost 2 years. This used to be a good resource for leads. Sadly, we will not use this platform anymore. I've given a few chances to set if things will get better and all were a bunch of dead leads which equals a complete waste of money. We're thankful for the good times we had on thumbtack, it's clear they have no intentions of doing better for the pro. I'm not into giving all money to thumbtack for dead leads. If you go back a year and a half ago the price for leads were doable. Now it's exorbitant and people do not even respond. We've been a highly professional 5 star cleaning service from the beginning. Such a shame.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,746

@daliat07 Thank you for posting and for sticking around watching for improvements. And I am sorry to hear about your experience! As a former Thumbtack pro and business owner, I totally get how this would be super frustrating and discouraging.

I took a quick look at your account and wanted to ask if you've tried lowering your Max Lead Prices so that leads are not as expensive, and if you had any luck doing that? @ShaquealThomas and @Bretdouglas have great advice for non-responsive customers - things like being sure you are also calling and texting (you may already be doing this) in addition to contacting customers in the Thumbtack messenger. They might have some other good advice too!

Totally understand if you need to take a step back, but if there are any questions you have or if there is anything I can help with I am here to help! If you do take a step back for a time be sure to keep checking back as we do have some great updates coming.