Meet a Community member: Clifton

We'll be highlighting some of our amazing Community contributors. Meet Clifton - and introduce yourself in the comments.

• Tell us about your business? How did you get started and what do you do? My father started the business in 1985 and since then, we believe in preserving history because it matters. He started with recording sermons at the local church. From there, he got more and more popular and was asked to record weddings, concerts and seminars. Mainly, we specialize in producing life-changing moments that you want to show your future generation.
  • What do you like most about being an entrepreneur? I enjoy the fact that I am able to meet different people from different walks of life. Everyone has a story and I love hearing and learning from it. I also like being able to structure my day how I like it as well. That was a very important goal of mine growing up.
  • What is an obstacle you’ve had to overcome as a business owner and how did you overcome it? I believe the biggest obstacle I’ve always had to face is changing with various technologies. In the past people picked up the yellow pages to find you. Now we have the internet and google. Being found and seen has always been a big challenge but adapting with the times and technology has been my way to stay current and relevant.
  • What is the biggest challenge you are currently facing as an entrepreneur? How do you think you can overcome that challenge? How could this Community help you overcome it? Similarly, growing up, I was shy and very introverted. I never knew how to network, let alone what that even meant. Being able to share your value to a client is an art in and of itself. Selling to someone and sharing your value and worth to that person are 2 very different things. I’m still learning how to network day by day by educating myself on books and podcasts that help in that area.
  • Where do you see your business in 5 years? I would want to be the preferred videographer in the bay area in 5 years
  • What is one piece of advice you would offer to anyone reading this? The best advice I have received is you WILL fail. Ok, now that you know that, learn from each mistake that you ever make. If you aren’t learning you aren’t growing. That’s why coaches can be a great help, no matter what kind of coach it is. If you want to be a better videographer, hire a coach that can guide you down that path, that has become successful so that you can learn from that person. If you need help with balancing your life and work, hire a coach. No matter what it is, there is someone that has done it before you, so why not learn from them?

@Qbish is currently a Top Pro with all 5-star reviews. Ask him more questions and tell us about yourself below. And, if you'd like to be interviewed and highlighted, reach out to @DustiO via DM, or comment here.